I've stayed at the Strangford Arms Hotel a number of times recently, and whilst it is a nice hotel in a good location for my work, it does need a bit of an update. The rooms are of a decent size, and the bed in my last room was massive and comfortable.
The bistro bar serves decent food and the breakfast is OK.
On my last visit, whilst sat having a quiet meal by myself, the peace was broken by a wedding party taking place in the hotel. I certainly don't have anything to say about weddings, but on a Wednesday evening!!! It would have been nice to have some form of indication that a wedding was being held during my stay, I would have booked elsewhere if I had know. So, the restaurant became very noisy, there was a balcony next to my window, where extremely drunk guests were shouting, and then the incessant thump of a disco until quiet late. Not what you want when on a business trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Strangford Arms Hotel is ideally located in the lively town of Newtownards,15 minutes drive from Belfast city centre, 10 minutes from George Best Belfast City Airport and Bangor town centre. This Victorian listed building has been extensively refurbished to the highest standards and now incorporates 39 luxurious En-suite Bedrooms, Conference & Banqueting Suites and the award winning LeWinters Bistro, Bars & Restaurant. Wireless Internet access WiFi is provided complimentary for all residents and delegates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Evoline ltd and LateRooms so you can book your Strangford Arms Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Strangford Arms Newtownards
- Strangford Arms Hotel Newtownards, Northern Ireland