“Fab - Highly recommended”
Review of Chef and Manager

Chef and Manager
Ranked #3 of 70 Restaurants in Newtownards
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ireland
“Fab - Highly recommended”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

My friend and I had dinner here last night and it was just great. I'm telling anyone who will listen in the hope they will go along and support this place with its high quality food, freshly cooked by a chef who obviously cares, great service, comfy surroundings and BYO!
I had linguini with fresh prawns - not those pink frozen things - chilli and garlic. It was gorgeous, the best prawn dish I have had in years. My friend had pork belly and she was deligheted with it. We had a portion of chips and they tasted amazing - it was as if I had been transported back in time to proper homemade chips, ie before it became trendy to cook them a million times.
I live in Newtownards town and I think the town is crying out for a restaurant like this. Although it's early days, I think this place will really take off and I hope it's well supported. My first impressions? The best in the town... and I've tried them all!

• Visited February 2014
5 Thank Debs88

Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“A lovely addition to the N/ards eating scene”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I went with my wife to this new restaurant, a few weeks after it opened and had probably one of the nicest meals in a long time soup selection of breads steak and dessert were all very very good, with all new modern décor, comfortable seating and a nice bottle of my own wine I felt very relaxed. The restaurant manageress was very professional and prompt with our orders and food and was chatty without being intrusive. definitely recommended for a try

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Tom M
Donaghdee N Ireland
“Deserves to succeed.”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I had seen this new (ish) restaurant advertised in the local press and so decided to give it a try for lunch on a rainy Sat afternoon in Jan. Firstly may i say that Ards never seems to support a decent restaurant for any length of time (so many come and go) but this one is well worth a visit and worth supporting. The owners have done a great job with the interior decor, the service was professional but friendly and the food was tremendous. I can't comment on the starters or desserts as we only went for mains but the better half's Portavogie prawn linguine was declared to be the best she has had (home or abroad). I had the chicken fillet burger which was excellent with the best homemade chunky chips i have had.....i don't care what anyone says, good chips ARE important! Two sparkling waters, two mains and two excellent cups of coffee....£22. I have paid that amount for one and came away hungry. Good luck to this establishment as it has all the attributes to stick around for a long time if it gets the local support.

• Visited January 2014