“Best restaurant in North Down”
Review of Chef and Manager

Chef and Manager
Ranked #3 of 77 Restaurants in Newtownards
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We are regular customers,here almost every Saturday night, it never fails to excel, great staff always willing to help,great atmosphere,great food and a wonderful Chef and Manager.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

My wife and I took friends of ours last Friday nite for a meal. First time there for us all and have to say very impressed. The food was first class and also the service. We cant wait to go back again and have another lovely meal. This is just what Newtownards needed. Well done to the Chef and Manager.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

My husband & I are regulars at the 'Chef & Manager' and it's the place I choose to go when friends are visiting as I know we will always get a good meal. As well as serving gorgeous food, they are always able to cater for my husband's lactose intolerance so we can relax and enjoy our meal. I recommend the mushrooms for your starter & the steak for your main meal - best steak in town! The restaurant is decorated very tastefully, the staff are very helpful & there's a lovely ambience. Looking forward to being back there tomorrow night!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

There was a lot riding on this meal. I'd remembered thepresentmrsshaw 's birthday, but done nothing about it really. As we found ourselves at a loose end this evening, I suggested a meal at chef and manager, having been recommended it by friends.

The food was absolutely first class (pate and mushrooms to start, linguine with prawns and pork belly for mains. Sorbet & coffee to finish) and the staff very efficient and friendly. Result: marriage saved ! Will certainly be back again (there's bound to be another marital crisis!)

Strongly recommended.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Visited Chef and Manager (terrible name) three times and it is OK. I think expectations are low in Newtownards, which explains the high number of 5/5 ratings. It is better than most of the other places in town but it is the usual standard of food and cooked reasonably well (nothing "fancy"). If you compare the standard with restaurants outside Newtownards, it is just average. For example, this place has a higher rating than Balloo House, which is just silly because there is no comparison. I think the a la carte prices are a bit high but that is balanced by BYO at present, although I expect they will soon be selling drinks, which would make the bill way too high for Newtownards. In summary, it's OK but don't expect too much (based on the high ratings).

4  Thank derbydoc