“SITTING HERE AND still waiting!!!!!”

Cranfield Caravan Park
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kilkeel
Cranfield Caravan Park
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Kilkeel
Reviewed 6 July 2012

i enjoyed cranfield for many years in a static when my children were small and was looking forward to it again in our new motorhome.i knew that in the touring park front row i would be overlooking the sea.
i dont leave the motorhome often due to illness so was really looking forward to being positioned there.i rang and asked to book but was told they didnt take bookingS even when i offered to pay for nights we wouldnt be there i was told they couldnt do that over phone.i explained the situation that i wanted front row and was told i could go on a list WHEN i got there.
as i dont drive and my husband wasnt going to be there to move when space come available i asked could someone move the motorhome for me and was told yes althought they wouldnt usually do this.i was really happy with the friendly manner i was being treated.so got motorhome parked and waited.
i was second on the list and knew that 2 tourers would b going together so when i saw them leaving i went to office to ask to be moved.the person was a bit confused but i explained the situation and she rang some1 to come. i went back to wait but on way saw 1 touring caravan already parked and another movin towards space so i went over to explain that i was 2nd on list but was told rudely that the girl in office had just give her the key for that site number.
i have to say its 1 of the funniest sights watchin someone running beside a touring caravan holding up a huge awning but am only laughin about it now.
i was really upset at the time and went bac to office and was told that someone would come and ask them to move but im STILL WAITING 3HRS LATER well 6hrs now lol.ive been back to office, and when my husband arrived he went to office.lets just say 10mins in cranfield is a very long time.i think the boss might be lost in this huge place.or it could be weathers very wild out there.
I may be very upset and my husband very angry but if some1 in charge had come and apologised it would have made a big difference,i know that those rude people are going nowhere (unless the crazy wind outside blows them away :D ) so to be honest i dont expect to move unless we move of site.
i did say if no1 turned up i would do this review so here i am.
i think any business needs good management and so far im not recieving the claims on there website it says

Cranfield Caravan Park is a well established family business owned by Jim and Sandra Chestnutt who with the help of their family are here to insure you receive the warmest of welcomes and the best attention while you holiday on their park.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm
I WILL COME BAC AND TELL YOU HOW LONG 10MINS TURNS OUT TO BE AND ABOUT THE BEST ATTENTION .......

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
18  Thank thefoxylady50

Reviewed 23 August 2011

My husband and I stayed at Cranfield Caravan Park mid August 2011, it was not our first choice but the other sites in the area were full. We struggled to find the park and there were very few signposts to assist us. I had read the reviews re the park and was expecting it to be very noisy but it wasn't to bad, the traffic noise did go on late and the caravans are parked along side the main road which seems to attract some boy racers. The caravan section appears to be an after thought attached to a large mobile home park, the pitches are tiny, so small that we didn't bother putting up our awning because it would of been touching the neighbours caravan. Car parking also seemed to be a problem with not enough space at the pitches and very little additional parking space. The toilet block was clean, the ladies consisted to four toilets and two showers, these are locked at all times so you need to remember to bring your key. At approx 10pm a shutter is pulled down and locked so there is no access to the main toilets at night, there is a single toilet left open at night but I've no idea why they feel the need to lock the main toilets. The showers are 80p each and are not hot, in fact they are barely warm and do not last more than a few minutes. There is no shop on site but there is a small shop in one of the other mobile home parks nearby. This site might suit families with young children as it is very near the beach but I can't see it appealing to many others.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank SLCB2210
Reviewed 18 May 2011

Just a brill place!, everything clean and no noise considering we stayed for 5 nights, lovely weather and people ie management only 1 issue is that they need to fix the road coming in :-)

• Stayed: May 2011
4  Thank Kgonz
Reviewed 5 August 2010

We were due to spend 2 nights however after great crack and a BBQ with friends we were disgusted when we returned to the tent at the level of noise, swearing and rows that continued until past daylight. Our site was next to a small wall which it turned out had a main road on the other side! The cars were speeding up and down all night. I dread to think what would have happened if one had lost control. When we complained the next day no one wanted to know. We asked 4 a refund 4 the 2nd night as we were not staying to put our children through that again, but they would only give a credit note which we will never use! They said they have no control over the public road, surely therefore they should not be stupid enough to put tents beside it. They told us we should have phoned to complain however as this is a 'family site' we did not go to bed thinking 'where did I put that leaflet as I will need to complain in the middle of the night!!' Neither my husband or I were willing to get out and look for it with all the disturbances going on. I wouldn't recommend Cranfield to anyone! Score would be -100 but lowest I can give is 1!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
19  Thank kezza11186474
Reviewed 7 January 2009

Tourist brochure last year £15. Rang CRANFIELD CARAVAN PARK 7/1/09 to price £18 per night +£1.50 for awning +50p per shower which is very very quick.

DO NOT BE FOOLED. No shop, cafe etc. They are on another site which is owned by someone else.

COUNTRY IN RECESSION. People losing their homes, jobs etc. and they cant help themselves. They continue to put prices up.

Toilets in July and August could be cleaner.
Young people congrigate at night so can be very noisy if you have children.

Just have enough room for car beside van.

STOP THE GREED.
Go up by the Antrim Coast for beautiful views, brilliant hospitality, loads of things to do etc.

We as customers the last couple of years will not be going back due to their greed at a time when people are being careful with their money.

Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
10  Thank BanbridgeBrian
Reviewed 10 August 2008

Having just returned from a camping trip to Cranfield Caravan Park I Felt compelled to write a review.

Firstly, the staff and facilities in this park are excellent. The staff were friendly and welcoming and with clean toilets, shower room, bistro, shop, etc all on the site the facilities could not have been better.

The area in which we were designated to pitch our tent was clean and private and within a short stroll to the beach area. However, the situation for us went downhill once night fell. Upon arriving we were given information about the campsite, one of which specifiying that noise levels had to be keep to a minimum between the hours of 11pm and 8am. We had also been told that groups of young people camping was not usually permitted due to the noise factor. Once darkness fell and we settled down in our tent for the night we were kept awake until 4am with groups of what can only be described as foul mouthed young people who gathered close to where we were staying. The abusive language and behaviour which we listened to and observed was very threatening and needless to say I didn't sleep well. At about 1am I felt I should contact the out of hours emergency number as some of these young folk decided to hit some tents close to us. I was assured by a man who answered the phone that he would make his way towards the group and move them on. Although he did this they simple moved to another area close to us and proceeded with the same behaviour as before including smashing bottles.

I was glad when morning came and we quickly packed up and left the area. It is very disappointing that such a fantastic campsite can be ruined by the behaviour of young people who obviously stay here and had me wondering who is accountable for the behaviour of these young kids when it's having such a negative impact on the site. I spoke to a number of people around our tent and they also had a similiar experience.

If only the management here could control this aspect of the area and let decent people enjoy the site!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank baileyboo104