“Do not stay at Cranfield!”

Cranfield Caravan Park
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kilkeel
Cranfield Caravan Park
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Kilkeel
Reviewed 5 August 2010

We were due to spend 2 nights however after great crack and a BBQ with friends we were disgusted when we returned to the tent at the level of noise, swearing and rows that continued until past daylight. Our site was next to a small wall which it turned out had a main road on the other side! The cars were speeding up and down all night. I dread to think what would have happened if one had lost control. When we complained the next day no one wanted to know. We asked 4 a refund 4 the 2nd night as we were not staying to put our children through that again, but they would only give a credit note which we will never use! They said they have no control over the public road, surely therefore they should not be stupid enough to put tents beside it. They told us we should have phoned to complain however as this is a 'family site' we did not go to bed thinking 'where did I put that leaflet as I will need to complain in the middle of the night!!' Neither my husband or I were willing to get out and look for it with all the disturbances going on. I wouldn't recommend Cranfield to anyone! Score would be -100 but lowest I can give is 1!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
19  Thank kezza11186474

Reviewed 7 January 2009

Tourist brochure last year £15. Rang CRANFIELD CARAVAN PARK 7/1/09 to price £18 per night +£1.50 for awning +50p per shower which is very very quick.

DO NOT BE FOOLED. No shop, cafe etc. They are on another site which is owned by someone else.

COUNTRY IN RECESSION. People losing their homes, jobs etc. and they cant help themselves. They continue to put prices up.

Toilets in July and August could be cleaner.
Young people congrigate at night so can be very noisy if you have children.

Just have enough room for car beside van.

STOP THE GREED.
Go up by the Antrim Coast for beautiful views, brilliant hospitality, loads of things to do etc.

We as customers the last couple of years will not be going back due to their greed at a time when people are being careful with their money.

Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
10  Thank BanbridgeBrian
Reviewed 10 August 2008

Having just returned from a camping trip to Cranfield Caravan Park I Felt compelled to write a review.

Firstly, the staff and facilities in this park are excellent. The staff were friendly and welcoming and with clean toilets, shower room, bistro, shop, etc all on the site the facilities could not have been better.

The area in which we were designated to pitch our tent was clean and private and within a short stroll to the beach area. However, the situation for us went downhill once night fell. Upon arriving we were given information about the campsite, one of which specifiying that noise levels had to be keep to a minimum between the hours of 11pm and 8am. We had also been told that groups of young people camping was not usually permitted due to the noise factor. Once darkness fell and we settled down in our tent for the night we were kept awake until 4am with groups of what can only be described as foul mouthed young people who gathered close to where we were staying. The abusive language and behaviour which we listened to and observed was very threatening and needless to say I didn't sleep well. At about 1am I felt I should contact the out of hours emergency number as some of these young folk decided to hit some tents close to us. I was assured by a man who answered the phone that he would make his way towards the group and move them on. Although he did this they simple moved to another area close to us and proceeded with the same behaviour as before including smashing bottles.

I was glad when morning came and we quickly packed up and left the area. It is very disappointing that such a fantastic campsite can be ruined by the behaviour of young people who obviously stay here and had me wondering who is accountable for the behaviour of these young kids when it's having such a negative impact on the site. I spoke to a number of people around our tent and they also had a similiar experience.

If only the management here could control this aspect of the area and let decent people enjoy the site!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank baileyboo104
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kilkeel
Four Seasons Hotel
Ballymascanlon House Hotel
Kilmorey Arms Hotel
Kilmorey Arms Hotel
#1 of 16 in Kilkeel

Been to Cranfield Caravan Park? Share your experiences!