“spotless clean friendly hotel”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Banbridge
Downshire Arms Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Banbridge
Reviewed 23 July 2008

Stayed for one night with my daughter and my parents.this hotel
was ideal for us .we were up from dublin for some shopping
in the OUTLET in banbridge.Had some food in the bar we could
have ate in the restraunt but bar menu was great .My parents room was big with lovely ensuite and flatscreen tv.My room was
smaller but it was clean and fresh.Breakfast was lovely with plenty of choice for everyone.Banbridge town also has plenty of shops for even more bargains !
Louise Dublin

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Downshire Arms Hotel

Reviewed 14 January 2008

I stayed here on the recommendation of others. It is a good example of how a family run hotel can deliver where big chain budget hotels can not. I was made to feel very welcome from the moment I arrived - there is plenty of secured parking out front (the hotel is situated at the top of Banbridge). The receptionist convinced the chef to prepare some room service for me even though I arrived after the kitchen had closed. I paid £45 for a single room (No 2) and without doubt it has the biggest en-suite for this category. It was warm and had tea/coffee and pleny of biscuts. The highlight was a soft bed that you just fell into while watching tv. The staff were helpful in the morning with directions and I also had a satisfying breakfast. Although the two Germans beside me were a bit amussed when they were told they could only have one extra slice of toast by the young but happy waitress. Oh dear! The hotel is not sleek or polished but it is warm and inviting. You can hear the age in some of the creaking floorboards, but this lends more to character than a lack of care. It is rated 2 Star - if you expect service at this level then you will be very pleased. I would be happy to go back, even if it were just for the warm reception.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled solo
4  Thank Rovers67
Reviewed 3 July 2007

On the advice of friends from Banbridge, we booked two rooms at the Downshire Arms Hotel. We were pleased to find that the rooms were very clean, nicely decorated and featured newly renovated, ensuite bathrooms. The staff was very friendly and the restaurant/pub downstairs was good, too. Its location made it easy to walk around and see the downtown area. The room prices were reasonable and included breakfast, though we were disappointed in the variety of choices that were offered.

I would recommend the Downshire Arms to anyone who wants a nice, quaint place to stay, instead of the usual run-of-the mill chain hotel.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank ToniWilmington_DE
Reviewed 2 April 2007

This hotel was just about to begin a period of refurbishment, but failed to advise guests paying £80.00 pppn of this. on my last night, I practically froze to death as the heating had been turned off, also no hot water. upon questioning this I was told that "staff", had turned heating etc off. Not a great experience of local hotel life, having been gone from Banbridge for 34 years this left me with no great reason to hurry to return.
Unless really desperate I wouldn't advise anyone to stay at this "hotel" until management begin to value paying guests as much as they value the frequent and extremely noisy clientelle who visit the restaurant and bar from early evening until very late at night and worryingly have access to the residential floors via the lift situated at a level where anyone has easy access. The early morning noise of staff preparing for the day ahead also leaves a lot to be desired, not staffs fault just another failing on management part. Lovely staff, but this is or was a cold miserable experience. In mitigation we where given a discount of one nights board, just a little too late and no humility attached. Banbridge is a lovely Northern Ireland town and deserves to be represented much better than the poor showing of this local "hotel"

Stayed: January 2006
2  Thank annaclonegirl
Reviewed 9 February 2007

We stayed at this hotel over New Year to be close to friends who live in the town. I have to say this hotel deserves more of a star rating than it has. The room was spotlessly clean the staff were extremely friendly and the food was good too! Would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wilkosmum
A TripAdvisor Member
co antrim northern ireland
Reviewed 31 August 2003

this is by far one of the best hotels i've stayed in. From the cleaners, reception,barstaff, right up to the owners, who could'nt help me enough to get headache tablets in the early hours of the morning while he was very busy.( that was very good of him thanks James)Anyone who stays here will be made more than welcome and will surely go back again as we will also. thanks everyone at the hotel and Banbridge in general Anne Hanvey. PS the rooms are lovely and clean and bright

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Banbridge
Belmont Hotel
#1 of 1 in Portadown
Armagh City Hotel
Armagh City Hotel
#1 of 2 in Armagh

Been to Downshire Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!