“Fantastic food with extra excitement.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Banbridge
Downshire Arms Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Banbridge
Banbridge, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food with extra excitement.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

Went to the Downshire Arms Hotel on Sunday past for bar snacks. Kids had burger and chips very nice (burger home made) garlic chips are lush. I had a gourmet burger on a bed of champ with mushrooms and onions and pepper sauce. It was absolutely delicious. My hubby had the Sunday dinner again very nice. Big portions, very well fed. They had a fire drill on Sunday... very exciting for our children as obsessed with Fireman Sam so extra bonus for that wet cold day. Also it was nice to know they could handle a crisis if it ever arose.. Great service and good value for money. Highly recommend. We will be back again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

Went on a Sunday evening with the family. Food was extremely tasty. We had the beef and bird and Floyd's Australian chicken ....garlic potatoes, mash and chips all very enjoyable. Would definetly recommend

• Stayed January 2014
Rotherham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

My friend and I spent the weekend at the Downshire. The twin room was spacious and extremely comfortable with all amenities you would require. The hotel is very clean. The staff and the locals are very friendly and welcoming. Food in the hotel is excellent. If you want a break in the area we would highly recommend a stay here

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Helenjacqueline
Santa Clarita, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

After a terrible drive and cold, unpleasant, hotel in Dublin, well, here were lost in "nord iron" (north Ireland to you). We are from California and driving on the other side of the road was, well, hard. It was getting late and we had lost contact with my cousin in Belfast. My husband declared we'll stay here until we figure out what we are doing. We were in the town of Banbridge. We drove about 2 miles. Saw a sign "Downshire Arms Hotel." We thought hey what the heck. Finally found the front door (it's on the back). They had one room left. I held my breath, and looked into what looked a little like an Irish paradise. Yes, it's old fashion and very friendly. In fact, Leeanna (SP?)at the front desk, took an interest in finding my cousin. She was amazing, just like what I was told I would find in Ireland. The Irish Breakfast, just what my North Irish dad would have made. The style and layout of the restaurant and bar are incredible and so faithful the period the old coaching Inn would have been in business. I can see why locals depend on this establishment for parties, celebrations, and family events. You know, that upstairs room would be perfect for a wedding. Nothing like this is ever perfect, but to me, lost and looking for a good Irish experience, this place was PERFECT.

We are a retired couple in our 60s. Able to afford the higher end hotels, but historical places are special to us. By the way, we gave up that damned car, couldn't get the hang of driving in the bigger cities like Dublin and Belfast. Also, found my cousins, thank you.

Room Tip: I would say up front, I'd like a quiet room. We didn't have a choice but it certainly wasn...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sandy c
Dunfermline,Fife,Scotland.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

We hadn't booked but as it was a Friday night we were hopeful for a table we were pleasantly surprised the waiter asked us to wait at the bar & we would get the next table, 5 minutes later we were seated the food was generous in size & well presented & very tasty, highly recommend by my party will return again on our next visit.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

Very friendly hotel with a very personal touch from the staff. Everyone is helpful and accommodating. Lovely breakfast and lively bar. Events on Fridays and Saturdays can make it noisy outside at night but the location and quality of the place more than makes up for any down sides. If you want a hotel within striking distance of Belfast, the Mournes etc, look no further.

Room Tip: Twin room 11, nice size, nice bathroom, but overlooks the car park hence the bit of noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
northern ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

Went to lunch with my daughter and daughter in law, the menu is very varied something for everyone, and the portions size is huge the meals were lovely an tasty would Definitely go back again, the staff were really nice and very friendly.

• Stayed November 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Banbridge
Bannville House Hotel
Canal Court Hotel & Spa
Newforge House
Newforge House
#1 of 1 in Magheralin

Been to Downshire Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!