“great value for a two star hotel”
Review of Belmont Hotel

Belmont Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Banbridge
London
“great value for a two star hotel”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I stayed last week for four nights, room basic but clean. tea and coffee and good biscuits in the room as well as hairdryer, toiletries, tv etc. For the price a excellent package. The basement hold the bar/restaurant which was very good. A hearty portion! which sadly I failed to finish each night! The breakfast was equally good quality and portion size. I found the staff friendly and whatever I asked for I got, so yes It was refreshing to get a stay that was pleasant. On the internet the menu was £25 for 3 course which was fine, but when I got there I ate every night starter and main with a free drink for under £15, so pretty pointless going elsewhere. Well done the Belmont.

Room Tip: quieter in the rear rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SuePip

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Fermoy, Ireland
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I fail to understand the number of comparatively poor reviews, We checked in for an overnight stay, we were eight in number, hardly a great booking. We were welcomed at reception like good friends! The staff assisted us in every way possible. We had an evening meal that seemed to everyone's satisfaction, If I could complain in any way it would be the enormous quantity of food presented. The quality was however not compromised. Our room was very adequate, the bed comfortable (if a little low for me - I find it difficult to get up out of a low bed due to lower spinal damage - my problem not the hotel's) The bathroom immaculate,
The next morning we had a vast breakfast and went to dress for the wedding, the ladies had booked for "hair and nails" and were directed expertly by the reception staff. The rest of us had begun to vacate our rooms when staff told us that an arrangement had been made for a late checkout, Hurrah! A change of plan meant we were eating again in the Belmont after the wedding at the local council offices (all went well, the registrar was wonderful) and we returned to the hotel. They had arranged a side room for us and also printed a personalised menu. This meal, our third in a row, simply overwhelmed us all. I know that I sat down still full from our previous meals but somehow managed to eat, and enjoy, a really great minced meat pie.
Finally we paid our bill, which seemed reasonable, and took our leave. As we left again I felt we were leaving friends!
I might add that the ONLY reason I gave this hotel four stars was because since it was a large private home (I presume) the shape of some of the bedrooms is a little strange,due to the need for en suite bathrooms. If I could have I would have given four and a half!

Room Tip: Talk to the reception staff.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

I stay here whenever I am working nearby on business. Breakfasts are very good. Rooms are perfectly clean and fit for purpose bearing in mind you are not being charged the earth. Staff very friendly. What's not to like?

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

We had booked a table for Mother's Day for a family gathering. The menu of 3 courses was reasonably priced at £17 per person, however we all agreed that the choice of starters on offer was extremely poor, and outdated! This was disappointing, and I had a difficult time choosing anything at all - melon/soup/curried egg mayo (?)/BBQ chicken wings with a blue cheese sauce/chilled juice(!!!) Very, very strange.
Main courses were fairly good, and certainly choice was better.
The wait between courses was also interminable.......I know it was Mother's Day, but still not good enough..

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Mmeharris
northern ireland
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I had a sirloin steak in the restaurant and it was very poor quality and taste. Even the chips were not nice. It was reasonably priced but obviously a very poor cut of meat. Very disappointed and will never be back as this is the second time I have been here in the past few months and been disappointed. Hate wasting money on something that you don't enjoy!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sunlover1617
Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Had a nice meal during the week, the downstairs bar was not too busy and the atmosphere was perfect for a quiet no hassle meal. I had the steak sandwich which was delicious, steak perfectly cooked as requested. Nice selection of cocktails from the bar and resonably priced. Would return for a meal and drinks anytime.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2014

My partner and I called in over the Christmas break for our evening tea, ,before long Al came along and as smartly as usual took our order ..Within a short time our meal arrived cooked to perfection as always and served by lovely polite staff .We didn't have a sweet as after our tea we couldn't fit anything more in .We shall call again keep up the good work and thank you to one and all.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Banbridge
Bannville House Hotel
#7 of 16 in Newcastle
Newforge House
Newforge House
#1 of 1 in Magheralin

Been to Belmont Hotel? Share your experiences!