“Wonderful hospitality”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Banbridge
Greenacres Guesthouse
Ranked #2 of 4 Banbridge B&B and Inns
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Wonderful hospitality”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

This was our 3rd stay at Greenacres. We were in N Ireland for 2 nights for a sad family occasion and we knew we could rely on Margaret and Ronnie to give us the TLC we needed. They did not disappoint. They were totally unruffled by 9 of us descending on them, made us welcome and comfortable, gave us a first class breakfast (don't miss the home made wheaten) and lent us umbrellas for the funeral. We didn't have an evening meal during this stay but have done previously and thoroughly enjoyed it. Greenacres is our N Irish accommodation of choice.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
mmayne, Owner at Greenacres Guesthouse, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
Thank you Mary for taking the time to write a review. We were sorry that your visit this time was to attend John senior funeral.
We hope in the near future that you do get the opportunity to visit us again.
I have just made some wheaten bread for our guests for there evening meals to night.

Best wishes
Ronnie and Margaret

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Margaret could not have been more welcoming or friendly if she had tried. Nothing was too much trouble. I stayed for two nights and had very early starts each morning. Margaret made me fresh fruit salad on both mornings.

Travelling alone, I did feel a bit lost at times, but Margaret's lovely friendly nature cheered me up. She printed out directions for me each day and was kind enough to share her scone recipe with me. For the first time in my life, I have produced perfect scones, thanks to Margaret.

Margaret Gray

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
mmayne, Owner at Greenacres Guesthouse, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Thank you Margaret for taking the time to write a review, I am so glad the scones turned out well for you , I enjoy baking them , it gives me pleasure knowing that others enjoy making them too. We hope you get the opportunity to visit us again.
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Many thanks go to Margaret and Ronnie for providing such a delightful place to stay whilst visiting relatives. Every detail had been thought of and all of our family could not have asked for more. Margaret became part of our holiday as she was great company but we never felt imposed upon. We all enjoyed the hearty breakfast and I especially appreciated the lengths Margaret went to in sourcing local produce including home made preserves, breads and eggs from their own chickens. The boys appreciated good quality wifi(!) and a tv in their rooms to relax before bedtime. Thanks too go to Holly the dog and Rusty the cat who were equally excellent hosts. I don't know if the boys or Holly had the most fun! A definite recommendation for all travellers to the area whether alone, a couple or a family. The quality of the meals alone were worth more than the cost of the stay. Thank you to Margaret and Ronnie and I hope we stay with you again some time - even just to restock on the black currant preserve!

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
mmayne, Owner at Greenacres Guesthouse, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review ,we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us , We hope you do get the opportunity to visit us again, hopefully I can make more blackcurrant preserve.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2013

A true gem of a place. Usually such service, attention to detail, hospitality and breakfasts (!) Come at a price- not here. Margaret (we didn't meet Ronnie - he was away) was welcoming, warm, friendly, helpful and nothing was too much trouble. Even Holly the Jack Russell seemed totally in tune with the sense of warmth and friendliness this place embodies.
A truly great place to stay, great value and we will be back at some point in time!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
mmayne, Owner at Greenacres Guesthouse, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, Holly is already missing Joe's company. I am still picking blackcurrants I think our good weather as produced double growth, so more preserves for our guests to enjoy.
We hope you do get the opportunity to visit again .
Many thanks
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Nestled in the stunning Northern Irish countryside, this is one of the most warm and welcoming B&Bs that you can imagine staying in anywhere in the world. Ronnie and Margaret are stupendous hosts and truly lovely people - alert to your every need and providing what really is a 'home away from home'. Except that you will have more delicious home-cooked meals than most us have at our own homes (and I pride myself on being able to cook) - whether it is the scrumptious breakfast spread (complete with fresh eggs from the hens that live in the garden behind the house!) or the divine dinner. I also want to mention for those with dietary restrictions, that I have a variety of sensitivities and Margaret went to great lengths to make sure that those in no way compromised my culinary experience. This is unusual in itself in a small B&B (and quite frankly even in many big hotels) but the best part was how effortlessly this was done, without making me feel different or difficult in any way. Greenacres' location makes it a perfect starting point for so many fun day trips - whether into Dublin or Belfast (if you are in the mood for a city) or the Mourne mountains, the Bronte homeland or the coast and the Giant's causeway.
Or simply wander the hillside around the guesthouse - say hi to the sheep, breathe in the fresh air - and then return to nestle into a comfy chair with a book, a hot cup of tea and the best scone I guarantee you have ever bitten into.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Vagamuffin
mmayne, Owner at Greenacres Guesthouse, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
We are so glad you both enjoyed your first visit to Northern Ireland.
Greenacres is very central whether you want some of our beautiful scenery, or to go shopping, or take in some culture.
I am glad we were able to met your dietary requirements, I enjoy cooking and it makes it more rewarding if our guests enjoy it to.
Its our time for preserves fruit is plentiful. I have been able to pick elderflower and honeysuckle to make some cordial for our guests to enjoy with there meals or just sip in in our glorious sunshine which is plentiful at the moment.
We hope you both are able to visit us again, we appreciate you taking the time to write a review.
Many thanks
Ronnie and Margaret
Weiser, Idaho
Reviewed 9 July 2013

The family took me under their generous wing. I was a little freaked out about driving. Great breakfast and a lot of help finding the estate where my ancestors farmed many, many years ago. I felt at home. Very, very close to Loughbrickland and the Loughbrickland Historic Trail on the historic Whyte estate.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Gaetha P
mmayne, Owner at Greenacres Guesthouse, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review , we enjoyed having you stay with us, We hope the rest of your trip went well, and your research into your family tree is fruitful.
I have been busy picking blackcurrants, our bushes are heavy ladened busy time for the jam making.
We hope you are able to visit again.
Taunton , Somerset
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Stayed here in June and was very happy with the service I received . There was always a cup of tea and home made cakes at the end of the day and breakfast was beautifully cooked with homemade produce.The people,running couldn't have been more helpful - even lent me a Sat Nav on my first night there. A real feel of the local community and very accessible to everywhere. Will be back next year with my wife

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank David038
mmayne, Owner at Greenacres Guesthouse, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It was lovely having you stay. We are glad you were able to explore and find out more about the area.
We hope the rest of your trip was enjoyable and we look forward to seeing you again.

Margaret
Also consider these accommodations in or near Banbridge
Bannville House Hotel
#1 of 2 in Ballyroney
Golfkeel Cottages
Golfkeel Cottages
#1 of 1 in Banbridge

Been to Greenacres Guesthouse? Share your experiences!