“Enjoyable”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I ate here recently along with a couple of friends. We were all impressed with the menu and the quality of the food. everything was piping hot and nicely presentedand the chunky chips were delicious - crisp, cooked right through and a good quantity. We shared desserts between us and I can confirm that the pavlova and the brownie were very good.
Pleasant service and attractive surroundings mean that I will return. Do keep up the good work, it is so nice to have another option so close by.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

The restaurant has been nicely refurbished and had a log fire burning. The menu was comprehensive and the food was of good quality. The service was good, the price was reasonable and the portions were generous. We enjoyed our meal very much.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

This is my first time dining at the halfway after hearing it was under new management and I have to say I was very surprised. We had a 4 course menu and the food and service were outstanding. I was expecting pub grub but it was far more of an upmarket dining experience. The menu was a wonderful array of well co-ordinated local produce which as a bit of a foodie I loved. The crab starter was beautiful and definitely a highlight. Will definitely return.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Myself and my partner ate here for Valentines night - first time visiting. Staff absolutely excellent upon arrival and right through - the shift manager works with a smile on his face and the waitresses are attentive and friendly. I should state at this point that I have eaten a steak in virtually every restaurant in a 30 mile radius of here - including the much lauded Tannery - however the Fillet Steak in the Halfway was absolutely sublime. A great big hunk of meat, perfectly cooked to my preference. I ordered a sauce on the side and as soon as I tasted the steak by itself, it was so good I didn't even taint it with the sauce! Expect to pay around the £20 for a steak with a side included - although most mains are in and around the £12-15 mark and they also include one side. Extra sides around the £3 mark and we tried the onion rings which were some of the best we've had - batter that was lighter than air and in perfect proportion with the slice of onion in the middle. I would say without hesitation the best steak I have had locally. And it's only 4 miles from my house! I'll be back without a doubt!

1  Thank Danny M
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I visited the Halfway House today along with my wife,Daughter and Granddaughter and from the moment I entered I knew that I was in totally different enviroment from the last time I ate here and that last visit was memorable for all the wrong reasons,immediately I could see that a major revamp had taken place that was very pleasing and inviting, We were quickly shown to a table that was very acceptable on a cold damp day, Our waiter seated us and inquired about drinks these were ordered and quickly enough brought to our table along with this days Lunch menu,enough to say that what we ordered more that met our expectations,and this was served in an acceptable waiting time by a very friendly waitress.The chips which my Wife and Granddaughter had along with their meal were exceptional and one could tell they were cooked by someone who excuse the pun,Knew their Chips,as for myself and daughter we had the Glazed Ham special of the Board and that more than exceeded our expectations of and order from of a Specials Board,the general atmosphere of the dining areas was very good with a good mix of age groups and a well priced menu almost guarantees that patrons will return more that once as will I,my next trip down the A1 will almost surely include a stop at this well revamped restaurant.....

1  Thank LIAM_MACLisburn