“Job well done”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Recently called in here for a few drinks with friends, the place has been refurbished to a high standard since I was last in and had an enjoyable relaxed atmosphere at the bar, staff informed me they do £3.50 cocktails on a Wednesday night from 8-10 and have karaoke on a Friday night. As the evening went on we decided to get a bite to eat... I went for the BBQ pulled pork sandwich and it was absolutely beautiful, will definitely be back for food and will call in for a drink much more often! Have to commend the new owners on a job well done :)

There are newer reviews for Harry's Bar & Kitchen

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

I've always enjoyed going here and like the new decor. Lovely atmosphere, great service and delicious food. Only negatives are that the menu could have a little more choice and the Prices a little lower

2  Thank K C
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Oh a warm Thursday afternoon my better half and I decided to try a local Bar/Kitchen for some food. Online the review looked good but old, so was wondering what it would be like having recently only moved to the area.
When you walk in you are in a Bar and an appealing bar too I must say nice wooden old time features and lots of TV’s if you want to watch some sports. Even the local bar flies where pleasant. When you walk through to the back you come to the open kitchen and then your waiter who will seat you. I can’t remember our waiters name but we had 3 different people throughout the night. We had a choice of seats which is not surprising for a Thursday night I guess. The menu is small but has a lot on it, fish looks to be a speciality. We ordered a pint of Harp and some house wine and it was as you would expect.
Now the menu had chicken wings for a starter and I am a sucker for wings esp hot wings! These where butter coated wings I think was the term. I had o try them none the less. I also ordered a fillet steak medium and some garlic chips. My partner ordered the ribs with Sweet potato fries.
Our wings as you can see came in those wee buckets that things come in now very nice and with a BBQ dip. As I mentioned being a hot wing fan I do like my celery with my wings and I also like the wing to come separated as usually it’s a mess trying to do it yourself. These wings however where lovely and came apart with ease. A lot nicer than the ones we had in the Balmoral! The batter was light and crisp and the BBQ sauce was a nice taste with it. A happy wing customer I would say.
The mains came out quickly after and I normally like a bit of a weight if I am honest but none the less. The ribs looks great with 3 parts piled up with “slaw” and the steak was amazing. It came with onion rings and shored on top of two roast potatoes and surrounded by pepper sauce.
Now I do love a good steak and this did not disappoint. Cooked exactly how I wanted and was just perfect. The sides where lovely too not too much garlic on the chips. I was unable to finish the whole lot but enjoyed it! I never got a chance to taste the ribs but they did look good.
At this point we were both stuffed and really wanted to try the after eight brownie but just couldn’t fit it in and retreated to the front bar for more drinks. We noticed you can also get food here and plenty where.
All in all a great time and would 100% go back! Service was great and polite.
Now I think I had 3 drinks and 2 wines plus the start and two mains came to about £50 which was great value. You will see the size of the steak in the pictures I think it was 10oz.
Would definitely recommend to people but book if you’re going at the weekend. They also have a stone oven for the pizzas which looked great.

2  Thank JonnyM83
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went for lunch and had the tastiest spicy tomato soup, hubby had sandwiches with his and I had wheaten bread, both for under £10.

I feel the new owners should really take advantage of their pimped up pad and go for what the public want. Afternoon teas with champagne or prosecco, nice piano music playing in the background. Strict booking policy and the place would be thronged in no time. The decor would suit the afternoon tea market.

I've only a slight negative, lunchtime menu too pricy £12 for fish and chips. Women like soups, baked potato, Caesar salads etc not heavy high calorie foods. I wish the new owners every success.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I have been going to Harry's Bar for years, although I no longer live in Banbridge. Recently we took Mum there for dinner on a Sunday night. I understand that they have just been taken over so we weren't sure what to expect. Knowing that the portions are on the large side, my sister, Mum and I shared the deep fried brie starter, which was okay - nothing special. Four of the five of us had scampi for main course and it was appalling, pretty inedible. We complained to the waiter, who ended up taking away the practically untouched plates, without comment. When we went to pay, there was no compensation at all, and once more I was asked if everything was okay. I commented that we had already complained but that they had chosen to do nothing about it. The manager (I assume that's who it was), stated that he thought we weren't being serious - really - as I pointed, out the plates should have told him the truth. The long and short of it was they offered nothing off our bill and didn't apologise.

Will we go back - absolutely not, would I recommend it to anyone else - nope - there's a chippy next door which couldn't be any worse and would most certainly be cheaper.

2  Thank SorchaL