“What the outlet needed”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dromore, United Kingdom
“What the outlet needed”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Friendly staff,good choice in menu. Impressed on 1st visit, Just had a coffee & scone but really great taste & warm. Good value,will be back.

• Visited October 2013

Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A wonderful family lunch”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

This was our first visit to the Linen Hill Kitchen and Deli and it was well worth the visit. The interior was clean and modern and the staff were friendly, knowledgeable and attentive. We shared a charcuterie board as a starter and the homemade breads were so good that we bought a loaf of wheaten and guinness wheaten to take home with us. We ordered several of the specials for our main courses and the portions were generous and delicious, they were so good that I didn't think we could manage dessert but we decided to try some and were not disappointed. The Baileys cheesecake was wonderful and the brownie with beetroot was so moist and rich we ate every last bite, I would highly recommend this restaurant for value for money, wonderful service and amazing food.

• Visited September 2013
“Good food, good value, OK service”
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

The friendly waitress gave us a cheery welcome and placed three menus on the table as she invited us to sit. We had breakfast in mind. We sat beside shelves with various comestibles for sale: Maldon salt, flavoured oils, crisp bread stuff and so on. The friendly waitress asked what we wanted to drink. I said I'll look at the coffee and tea selections and with that she departed the table announcing that I could go to the nearby counter and give our order when we were ready. So I did. When I put the order in I paid too (£19.60) to save me having to do that as well at the end, and I was thinking - will I need to wash our dishes? Oh and I was invited to take our cutlery to the table, and also the serviettes, and also the dinky wee pots of tomato and brown sauces, english mustard and factory made, persil - white mayonnaise - I was Smokin almost felt like giving myself a tip. The order: One full breakfast (£6.50) a pork and chive sausage, a piece of black pudding, dry cure bacon, tomato, flat mushroom, scrambled egg, soda and potato breads all with a choice of tea or filter coffee in the price, the latter, I observed worryingly, served from a flask (I say worryingly, as once made filter coffee loses flavour after 15 minutes as the essential coffee oils lose their flavour in that time). No refill offered on the small cup of filter coffee. Sausage and bacon were perfectly cooked and tasty, the bit of black pudding was overcooked and the triangles of breads, sadly, were underdone. When a soda is toasted it should go brown and not stay as this was, mostly white. The remaining two orders; Eggs Benedict and Eggs Royale, both with perfectly poached, almost set medium sized eggs, both with a very good splash of hollandaise sauce, the Benedict had bacon (an Ulster twist!) and Royale, a very tasty oak smoked salmon. Each priced at £4.50. A pot of tea containing two cups (£1.50) and a cappuccino (£2.50) completed our self order. The prices are modest and the lunch time blackboard offerings looked very inviting, as well as great value for money. We got a cheery goodbye, no-one mentioned the dishes, what a relief as I really would have had to tip myself, and as we were leaving we saw wheaten and other breads for sale and lemon meringue pies at £3, the wheaten was priced around £2 but the meringue pies were a tad on the small side though. We'll call again perhaps for lunch next time.

Banbridge, United Kingdom
“A welcome addition to the outlet”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I've been here on several occasions for lunch/coffee and highly recommend. Internally the restaurant is much superior to Deanes (previous restaurant) - clean and modern. The staff are pleasant and attentive. I particularly like the 'small plate' option on the menu - this allows you to have a taster of different dishes or can be used like sharing plates. The dining is quite informal, almost continental feeling, and the food is of high quality. Worth a visit if you are in the Banbridge area.

Newry, United Kingdom
“Topped of a great days shopping”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

My self and a friend went in to try the new Linenhill kitchen restaurant.
We normally go into town for lunch.
We decided to get the small plates to share, salt & chilli squid, chick pea falafel & chorizo. We also decided to get a portion of chunky chips. Best lunch we both have had in a long time. All the food tasted delicious and came individually in their own bowls which was served on a wooden board. We both got a glass of wine each tempted by the waiter taking our order who also recommended a very nice one aswell. All staff serving us were also very friendly and attentive.
Will definitely be back to try for dinner with family or a night out with husband.
Must try. Im glad we did.