“Unexpectedly Good!!”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stopped off at the Outlet Shopping Centre on way back from Dublin to North Coast. Had my 14 year old fussy eater with me who had already spotted a burger bar nearby. Typically these outlets have standard run-of-the-mill cafes to take a quick break from shopping. I can guarantee you won't be disappointed if you stop in the Linen Hill. Staff are very welcoming, the menu is interesting but not overwhelming and with daily specials there is something for everyone. There is a discreet child friendly area with books and toys, a takeaway deli selection and a wide range of drinks available. I had the open chicken and bacon sandwich on olive bread accompanied by the wonderful tomato and pepper soup, although I could have had a choice of chips or salad instead. I had a glass of very refreshing home made lemonade with this., My son had the large home made burger with bacon and cheese in a ciabatta roll with salad, huge home made chips and pepper sauce on the side. He followed this with a delicious hot chocolate. All for the very reasonable price of £20 for the two of us. The quality of the food speaks for itself. I will definitely call again when I am in the area.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stopped here today for breakfast. Amazing I ordered eggs royal which was fabulous. The restaurant was spotless and excellent service. It is really surprising to find such a great place in an outlet. Would highly recommend it

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Where to start? Very friendly staff. 2 adults & 3 kids. We hoped to sit outside on one of the 5 large tables, but it decided to rain!? :(
Restaurant was quite busy, but we got a table quite quickly.
The menu was varied and there were 3 dishes which I coould decide between!
Eventually went for the 10oz Serlion steak served with choice of side (garlic potatoes for me) caramalised onions and jus. Mrs. J went for the pulled pork - which was UGE and lovely too!
As for the kids..... They had the Kids Meal Deal @ £6.50 each: 1. Steak/Mash (£2 suppliment) 7up drink & large icecream. 2. Pizza/Homemade chunky chips, 7up drink & Fruit Pavlova. 3. Homemade burger/noodles, 7up drink & Chocolate brownie & icecream! Of course I had to try 'each' they ALL the dishes were superb!!!!
Definitely worth a try..... and not only once!!!
(By-the-way: They also run 'childrens cookery courses' during the summer months which 2/3 of our children are going to..... I hope they can pick up some of their tips!!)

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Recently visited the Linen Green with my wife and 2 daughters and had a great meal food was perfect and portions were spot on, staff were friendly and professional even though they were quite busy, I look forward to my next visit keep up the good work

Reviewed 1 July 2014

we recently visited linen hill, two adults three children. It was on aTuesday and it was quiet. We were met by a friendly host who gave us our menus and ten mins later took our order so far so good. We ordered juice for the kids which came pretty quick and thats when all went below par.
We waited and waited and waited while we waited other people who came in after us were served before us and they had full meals not just a tea and scone. The kids ran out of juice finally we caught the eye of a waitress and asked her were our meal was as at this point we were waiting nearly one hour and still no food. She came back to tell us we were no two on the list and there was an order ahead of us this was rubbish several orders were taken after ours so obviously the chef had not even started ours, we pointed this out she apologized but at the end of the day it was the chefs fault not the waitress, she came out with more juice for kids but we were just about to leave when low and behold part of the order came, the chips with our meal did not come till we were nearly finished our meal. This was the chefs fault who did not come out to us nor offer an apology, when it came to payment the lady at the till who knew what happened did not even make eye contact or apologize. We will not ever visit linen hill again and would not recommend it.

2  Thank rugs186605