“One night stay”

Bannville House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Banbridge
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Banville house hotel, is quite an old hotel, it looks as though it hasn't had much work done to it for a while, and would warrant a bit of TLC.The staff were friendly and attentive . The bedroom was large and clean, although fittings and fixtures were old. Some of the lights didn't work as the bulbs must have blown and had not been replaced. The bed must have been as old as the hotel, as the springs could be felt when lying on it. We had dinner included in our deal, so menu was very limited. The meal was of quite good standard. When we returned to our room after having had our dinner, the room was cold. My husband rang down to the reception to ask them if our heating could be put on, this was done quickly, but due to the radiator not working properly the heat was not coming into the radiator. So my husband rang down to reception again. Within 40 minutes a man appeared to bleed the radiator and he eventually got it working. Our nights sleep was not great due to the bed being so uncomfortable. It was stated that there was free wifi, but this only worked close to the reception. Our breakfast was ok, but there was lack of varity. If you didn't want a fry there was very limited choice. There was no fruit available and the only bread on offer was toast . We had late check out but we left after 10am as we weren't really enjoying our hotel experience . All I can say is, I've been and tried Banville House Hotel, but will not return or recommend it to friends or family.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kim B

Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed one night at the average hotel over priced for what it is had some things going for it a great breakfast. The property is very tired looking and could do with a make over.
Bed was as hard as a rock not very comfortable .

We stayed on the second floor there is no lift and it stinks of tobbaco smoke this was very off putting .

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DenisEnniskillen
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed here for a few days break, the room was quite large but warm & cosy. We ate in the bar each night, the food was amazing with good sized portions and well priced (two courses for £10) the bar staff also recommended wine too. Breakfast was great as well again with big servings to see you through until late afternoon. I would recommend this hotel for an inexpensive break from routine.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 January 2014

My wife and I decided to have an evening meal in the Bannville. We dine there regularily on a Sunday as they do a fantastic carvery but thought we would try the weekday menu. They do a 2 couse for £10 which is great value. I had a smoked salmon and prawn cocktail which was a meal in itself, followed by a trio of mini burgers with a side of chips. The burgers came on a wooden platter, Lamb, Beef and Tikka chicken - each in their own little bap with an accompaniment of salad, chutney, salsa and mayonaise. They were beautifully cooked and presented. My wife ordered from the main menu, a Bannville tower, which consisted of mash, steak, peas and a red wine jus which was great value at £11. She said it was delicious. I can recommend the Bannville for anyone looking for great food and great value.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NIrelandHolidaymaker
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Excellent carvery - you can choose to have 1,2 or 3 courses. The soup was delicious and came with a nice roll. The main meal was lovely and full of flavour. Good portion sizes. Serving staff were pleasant and helpful. Restaurant was clean and tidy. Reasonably priced.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank peppermintpaddy7
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I have used this hotel before for the same purpose, bed and breakfast and an evening meal. It is in a nice setting and is easy to locate with good parking. The rooms are quite large when compared to the chain hotels and are furnished with simple and functional furnishings. They are also clean and warm and I have never been disturbed by noise. The breakfast is good and the food of excellent quality, bacon tastes like bacon, its smoky and salty with none of that white muck hanging to it. The food is good, service quick and very obliging. The staff are very helpful and seem genuine. I hate customer service that I can predict. The only down side for me this visit was the shower wanted to do its own thing, came out in a deluge and was too hot.
I still recommend this hotel as my preferred hotel in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Ok it's rural and old style but the value and price are reflective.
Good standard of service with pleasant staff .
Large bedroom clean and comfy
Bar staff couldn't do more and very good
Other guests great craic
Close to the outlets but you can see the economic position with closed shops
A living social offer and a good bargain
All in all quite satisfied

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bigmacAntrim
Also consider these accommodations in or near Banbridge
Belmont Hotel
Canal Court Hotel & Spa
Armagh City Hotel
Armagh City Hotel
#1 of 2 in Armagh

Been to Bannville House Hotel? Share your experiences!