“My daughters 18th family dinner”
Review of The Angler's Rest

The Angler's Rest
Ranked #6 of 54 Restaurants in Banbridge
Price range: US$7 - US$27
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We had our dinner here it was lovely, lovely atmosphere
,they brought the cake out and the staff started singing happy birthday ,really helpful the meal was first class if I had to pick anything the chips were as if they were frozen, But wouldn't stop me going back 100% lovely

There are newer reviews for The Angler's Rest

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Myself and my boyfriend regularly come here for our sunday dinner. The service is great and the food is wonderful. Great size portions at a great price.

1  Thank kazmurphy91
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I are regular visitors to this country restaurant, with lovely food and pleasant staff always guaranteed! The menu has a great selection of chicken, beef, fish, grills and vegetarian dishes to choose from and the chef will have a daily special board on as well! Staff are courteous and anything else we may need is never any trouble for them! It's also a great family friendly restaurant!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Returned a couple of times and each time was better, what more can you say! The last time was on the 12th of July. We knew it would be busy and it was, but the waitress 'Deirdre' was efficient and jovial as usual, are order was taken within 5mins and we were at our table within 15 mins food arrived 10mins later. The food was well presented and there was plenty of it - all ingredients were 'Fresh'. It's refreshing to go to a restaurant that listens to its customers and works constantly to improve the diners experience and this is one of them.
Yes I have read reviews that the service and staff could be better but one has to remember that a lot of bars and restaurants employ part-timers who lets face it are there for the money and it is hard for the owners to train these staff to their own high standards. If the Anglers had half a dozed 'Deirdre's' then every customer would be happy. We have been a few times and the service has always been 1st class - anyway give this restaurant a go. The food, atmosphere, cleanliness, will not disappoint!!

4  Thank Craig P
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Food was excellent, but the waitress's seemed unprofessional, they spent most of their time talking to each other, that made me feel like I wasn't a valued customer. But the food saved my experience as it was well prepared, quick, the portions were great and the dessert was exquisit. I wish there was more of a variety on the menu though...but it was a good experience overall.