Downhill Beachhouse
  • Breakfast included
Cromore Halt Inn(Portstewart)
Lodge Hotel(Coleraine)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsamazing locationliving roomwell equipped kitchenvictorian houselarge extended familyboard gamesfriends or familyfelt like homeen suite facilitiesown mealsbunk bedsget togetheradults and childrencouple of nightsshort drivestayed one nightfirst floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 May 2012

We stayed one night in this hostel and it was the best night we've spend during our trip! The house is nice with all facilities, the room are confortable and the reception is great! Thank yoy very much!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Emma248
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We took the entire hostel for a family gathering in January 2012 and we were delighted. The location is 2nd to none and a big plus was the large lounge with open fire that we brought fuel for. It was big enough to seat all 16 of us and really cosy given the time for year! The owners were really prompt to deal with any queries we had and could not have been more helpful. The beach is perfect for long walks/runs and I'm sure at the right time of year perfect for a dip (we weren't that brave!). Highly recommended.

Room Tip: great views from the bedrooms
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Great Hostel in a fabulous location. Rooms and service is more like a b&B than a hostel. Cannot wait to return. The beach is amazing.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank mairse
Reviewed 15 February 2012

My (now) husband and I stayed there on our second trip to Ireland. It was just perfect. The trip and Downhill Hostel were perfect. We spend our first night as an engaged couple here. My husband proposed on Giants Causeway just an hour before arriving at Downhill Hostel at sunset. The hostel is located right on the beach. You can hear, smell and see the sea from ALL over. It is really a gem of a place. We stayed in a private room with a shared bath but the bath was right outside our door so that was fine. They were very nice and the other travelers were very friendly. Just bring what you want to drink and eat and all else will be perfect. I will say it again...This place is a real gem. We will be back!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MWRVer
Reviewed 23 November 2011

The Downhill Hostel is a wonderful place to stay. The reason I am writing a review, is that I took a walk down memory lane earlier this morning :P It has been 4 or 5 years since my visit but it was so memorable that I never forgot the name of the place.

For the price it is more than worth the money. It is located by a breathtaking stretch of beach, adorned by cliffs and is within a reasonable driving distance from some of the major attractions (Giant's Causeway, castles, temples, fields of green grass and flowers etc.). A photographer's dream! (Check out the "Nature & Lifestyle" gallery at http://www.tluephoto.com to see images from my visit). The owners are very polite and hospitable and the view is pretty amazing. If you are not fussy about privacy and sharing bathrooms (As this is the circumstance for most hostels) then this place is the 5 star of hostels.

I am proud to be the first Jamaican to stay on the premises (According to the current owners) and enjoyed my visit to Northern Ireland overall. One of the most BEAUTIFUL countries I have ever travelled to.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends