“Wonderful B&B”

Ranked #15 of 17 Coleraine B&B and Inns
West Kelowna, Canada
“Wonderful B&B”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We stayed for one week in Breezemount B&B. It was exceptionally welcoming. Very friendly and helpful staff who went out of their way to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. Our room was actually a suite with a kitchenette and large bedroom with a couch and tv and big windows. The location was perfect for walking to city center and along the river. We were given a discount at a neighbouring restaurant for staying at Breezemount. Breakfast was bountiful with a large selection of fruits, yoghurt, cereals, drinks, plus a menu for hot foods as well. Mr. Wallace took a personal interest in his guests and shared a lot of information about the area and the history.
A very pleasant stay...home away from home...beyond our expectations.
I highly recommend Breezemount hotel when visiting Coleraine.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Carol T
breezemount, Manager at Breezemount Manor, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Hi Carol T,
It was great having you stay with us for a week during your trip to Northern Ireland.
I am pleased that you enjoyed all our facilities here at Breezemount House and that our staff were very friendly.
We would love to welcome you to Breezemount House anytime again.
Breezemount House

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We loved the large suite at Breezemount we stayed at during the week we were in Coleraine. It was lovely to come home every evening to our large bed-sitting room, kitchen, bathroom and foyer. The staff were very friendly. Mr. Wallace the proprietor was extremely accommodating and willing to share his knowledge of Irish history with us. Recommended!

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bev L
Hi Bev L,

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a kind review of our B&B. The pleasure was all ours. It was great having you both stay with us for the week and I am glad you had such a good experience with us.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 13 September 2013

we had a little trouble finding it - but after turning around we found it. Beautiful house - had a huge room at the front -even had a sitting area and kitchen that we didn't use - the person that checked us in gave us directions to a place a few blocks away (walkable) that we had a very nice dinner. Breakfast was great in a beautiful sunroom - would definitely stay here again

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jane0516
Hi Jane0516,

Thank you very much for your kind review on trip advisor. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, also great to hear that you would stay with us again.
We would love to welcome you to Breezemount House anytime.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We had our own suite at the Breezemount. On arrival, there are many people working there who are very friendly and great to chat with. It isn't quite the same as being in someone's home, but it was very welcoming. We had a weak wi fi signal in our room, but there was always someone around to let us into the main area, and we always felt welcome in the main building. There is a great breakfast menu in the morning, with a great selection, and breakfast / service was very good.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Krista M
breezemount, Manager at Breezemount Manor, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Hi Krista M,

Thank you for your kind review of our Bed and Breakfast. I am glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you also enjoyed our breakfast and found our staff to be friendly.
I am however sorry that you experienced problems with the Wi-Fi in your apartment , we are working to remedy this problem immediately.
We would love to welcome you back to Breezemount House anytime.
Goderich, Canada
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We had the Bishop Room and it was a very nice. There was a bedroom, living room with tv and a table, bathroom, and a little kitchen. It was much bigger than we expected! We only stayed one night, but it would be a great spot to travel from as you could make your own meals. The only downside was that we had to wait for someone to check us in as no one was there when we got there late afternoon. However everyone was friendly and the breakfast was good and filling.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
breezemount, Manager at Breezemount Manor, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Hi scox40,
Thank you very much for reviewing us on trip advisor. I am glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us and found our location to be an ideal base location to explore the magnificent causeway coast. I am also glad you found your accommodation spacious and that you enjoyed your breakfast.
I do however apologize that you had to wait to be checked in, I will look into this matter as we have a porter on duty from 4-9pm.
Again thank you for your kind review, we would love to welcome you to Breezemount House again.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2013

My friend and I chose to stay here for one night to enable us to have easy access to explore the tourist attractions in Coleraine. At £25 each, (£50 per room) I found this to be slightly overpriced as I found the standard wasn't really anything special.

On arrival, we were greeted by a pleasant guy who showed us to our rooms and explained a bit about the general area. This information was appreciated, although it felt like he was chatting to us for ages and it became quite irritating. It's a very good idea to have self catering options within most rooms, and the room was spacious, with a sofa, television, a double and single bed.

However, on closer inspection, I found there to be chocolate stuck in the middle of the sofa (ewww) there appeared to be some mild stains on the bedsheets, the bathroom was very grubby and there was no shampoo or soap available. Also, the self catering kitchen area had a very worn and dated appearance, and I didn't really want to use the area because of this. In general, the room did not look as if it had been sufficiently cleaned. In addition to this, the promise of free "WIFI" was appealing, but this did not work.

The beds were quite comfortable and a pleasant nights sleep was had. Breakfast the next morning was fine, a selection of yogurts, juices, cereals, breads and fruit to choose from, with the option of a cooked breakfast also. The chef was very nice and we felt very welcome.

Check out time was 11am and this was fair enough.

Overall, my stay was fine, however, I don't think I would stay again or go out of my way to recommend this establishment to other individuals.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank 125Anna
breezemount, Manager at Breezemount Manor, responded to this review, 11 August 2013
Hi 125ANA,
Thank you for taking the time to review us on trip advisor. I am however sorry that our 3 star Bed and Breakfast did not meet your expectations.

In response to your review I must apologize for my porter being friendly and giving you local information which is supposed to be of help to guests.

I am also sorry that you found chocolate stuck in the sofa and mild stains on our bed linen, unfortunately as you did not bring this or your other comments to my attention on check out and that it is so long since you stayed with us I cant confirm this to be true or false.

I can say that our rooms are thoroughly cleaned after each guest leaves so your comment about the room not being cleaned sufficiently is not only damaging to us but also unfounded.

As a 3 star Bed and Breakfast we are not required to provide guest shampoo, however, there should have guest soaps provided in the bathroom and if this was absent I must apologize.

Guest packs are provided in each room which explains about our WIFI, some rooms have intermittent WIFI signal, however as explained in our guest pack our strongest signal is in the dining room/lounge area which works fine.

In closing I am glad that you found our beds comfortable and you had a good nights sleep, and you also enjoyed our breakfast and breakfast selection. Again thank you for taking the time to review us.

New Castle
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Make this a definite stop: the room was quite spacious and well appointed. Breakfast was served with smiles and conversation afterwards. It was nice to hear other folks were repeat visitors. This is within walking distance to restaurants and other necessities. Our only issue was that we passed the street from one direction because the sign simply reads B&B; it reads Breezemount B&B from the other direction. Fortunately we found a gentleman who know exactly where we needed to go.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lulubird487
breezemount, Manager at Breezemount Manor, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Hi Lulubird487,
I am glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at Breezemount House and found our location great for exploring. Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to review us on trip advisor. We would love to welcome you to Breezemount House again.
Breezemount House
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coleraine
Lodge Hotel
#1 of 3 in Bushmills
Hall's Farmhouse B & B
Hall's Farmhouse B & B
#9 of 17 in Coleraine

Been to Breezemount Manor? Share your experiences!