“Excellent value for money”
Review of Lodge Hotel

Lodge Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Coleraine
Reviewed 21 April 2013

I stayed at the Lodge Hotel this weekend, I am just home. I found it to be an excellent 3 star. The accommodation was very clean and spacious, the facilities on offer for our weekend get together were outstanding. Hotel staff went out of there was to make sure we had everything we needed, regularly checking that all was well. The food was of a high standard and there was plenty of it! Located on the ring road it allows easy access to the west of the Bann (Castlerock, Limavady, Derry/Londonderry) and east of the Bann (Portstewart, Portrush, Bushmills, Giants Causeway, etc.). It is also within easy walking distance of Coleraine town centre. Great value for money and strongly recommended.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mark_L_Belfast
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights to attend a wedding. The hotel is cosy, the rooms are clean and the food is fabulous. The service from everyone (reception, the bistro, at breakfast and at the wedding) was professional and friendly.
Coleraine is a lovely small town but there is not much to do. However, there is plenty to do beyond the town (giants causeway, portrush, rope bridge etc) so organising a tour and using this hotel as a base is ideal. We organised a private tour with cityandcausewaytours.com which was amazing and coming back to the hotel to chill and eat some tasty food was the perfect end to a perfect day.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank wee_burd
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Thank you for your kind review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and were able to avail of the many attractions close by. I will be sure and pass on your comments to all the team and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

My Girlfriend and I stayed here over the Easter Holidays and we have nothing but positive things to say about this Hotel! Situated near Portrush and other attractions, it was wonderful. we had our meals on easter sunday and monday, to which the food was presented very pleasently and the staff were very nice and polite. the room itself was very big, with a nice warm shower and all of the nessessary items you would need to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Breakfast was self serviced, and the staff were very polite and always checked up on you to see how you were and if you needed anything else! I could not recommend this hotel enough, ignore any negative comments you may read or find online about this place, it is such a nice calm and peaceful hotel, and we would both defiantly return to it if we had the chance!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank david_qprfc
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Thank you for your kind review and I am delighted that you and your girlfriend enjoyed your stay at the hotel. We are very proud of the team we have at The Lodge and fully appreciate that it is they that really make the difference to our guests' experiences. We all look forward to welcoming you both again soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

first i want to talk about is food. my god it was probably the best food i personaly have ever eaten. the staff were superb and the room was good size and warm also spotless. have to say also their prices were superb both in restaurent and nightly rate. one girl i want to pick out in particular is the receptionest on easter mondy 1st april. when i was checking in that evening she was under pressure from different angles but nothing was a bother. she might remember booking a taxi for me later on .sorry did not get her name but a real gem .definately reccomend and stay again

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank casioman2010
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Thank you for your kind review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and your dining experience. I will be sure and pass on your compliments to all the staff especially the Chef's and Receptionists. We all look forward to your return soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

Called here today for lunch and opted for the 3 course carvery as its very reasonably priced. We were seated in the conservatory as it was very busy but unfortunately as we were not in the main room we were somewhat forgotten about. Had a long wait for soup starters to arrive. The chef serving the main course wasn't very pleasant and they were no mashed potatoes,disappointing! Wished we had requested main room seating and not chosen the carvery as we had heard great reviews about this hotel but unfortunately it didnt live up to our expectations today.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Steph K
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Thank you for posting your review regarding a recent visit to Elliot's Bistro for lunch time carvery. Having received so many excellent reveiws regarding the high quality of service and food offered at the hotel, I am disappointed to read your comments. The hotel is very popular for dining and is especially busy over holiday periods. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience experienced on this occasion and thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

Stayed here Easter Sunday with my husband and three children.the food was great really nice and loads of it. The staff are really helpfully my baby was unwell and the waitress went and got a wet tea towel fr his head without us even having to ask. The room was great loads of room the only thing I didn't like was no lift we here on the second floor and with my soon being sick we had him in the pram.there was no staff around but lucky enough another guest helped my Husband up and the next morning we had to take trips to get are bags down and the parm. I old to back but just make sure we are down stairs are in the main hotel next time

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jacqueline L
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear you and your family enjoyed your overnight stay with us and I hope your son is feeling better. Unfortunately, we do not have a lift at the hotel, however, our staff are more than happy to help with luggage. Next time you stay, please request a ground floor family room in the Annex building or a family room in the main hotel and advise reception you require porterage. We look forward to welcoming you all again soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

My friend and I stayed for a weekend break offer (very good value!), the Friday and Saturday nights. The double room was enormous, with a very very comfortable bed and all the mod cons you would expect (and some you wouldn't - even an ironing board and iron!), a little chocolate on the pillow and very handy free wi-fi. Our package included breakfast (great buffet!) + a 4 course meal which we had on the Friday night - lovely (although don't eat too much during your day before hand 'cause you get plenty! + the starter of mackerel was amazing! We had a lovely weekend watching rugby and dining on great food. The best part though, was the staff - they are very attentive and cannot do enough - always with a smile, no matter how busy they are. We eat here quite often, but we will definitely stay again!

Room Tip: The TravelStop building is quiet and rooms are spacious (yet lovely and warm, with temperature contr...