“ENGAGED COUPLES-YOU MUST HAVE YOUR WEDDING HERE”
Review of Lodge Hotel

Lodge Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Coleraine
Reviewed 14 October 2013

As the title says if you are looking for a venue then you must book The Lodge. The staff are absolutely unbelievable. From the first visit until we checked out it was effortless for us.

We almost booked out the hotel with the guests that stayed over and the reception staff (Siobhan and Carina) sorted everybody out. Keith was our wedding planner and he sorted everything out. This man never said 'no' he just brought me solutions and never any problems.

Victor was a legend in the breakfast room and each and every member of staff from the chambermaids through to the night porter were amazing.

We also had dinner in the restaurant on two evenings and the food was flawless. I literally cannot praise this hotel enough. Please believe me and please get your wedding booked here. We had the whole day at the hotel and Victoria @ The Wedding Room, Coleraine turned the function room into a wedding wonderland.

Room Tip: I stayed in three rooms during my stay. Room 109 for a great family room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank you for posting your comments on a recent visit to the hotel on the occasion of your wedding. I am delighted to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your wedding day at the hotel. I have personally conveyed your feedback to Keith, Victor, Siobhan, Carina and the rest of the team who are all very happy to know that they made your wedding day so special . We all look forward to welcoming you again soon and once again thank you for your kind comments and your support!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

stayed in annex room, room would need good clean, also general of annex. entrance door windows would require to be cleaned. Room very dark with brown carpet with dirty marks. Had to leave room twice on Saturday before up.
Food in bistro and breakfast excellent, Bistro staff and reception very friendly and helpful.

Didn't get seat in entertain area until after 9.30 because of meal serving and wedding guests around bar area.

Room Tip: Try to book a room in main hotel
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for posting a review on Tripadvisor. I am disappointed that your overnight stay in the hotel did not meet with your expectations, however, I am glad that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful and your dining experience excellent. I would be grateful if you could contact our General Manager with the room number you stayed in so we can investigate this matter further. Once again thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor and we look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

my wife and I stayed for 4 nights at the hotel for my son's wedding which was being held there. everything was great, and I am delighted to say we came across some of the most polite, and efficient staff that we have encountered in a long time. the food was very nice and great prices, also the whole wedding day went without a hitch and everyone had a great time, top marks to the management and staff, no problems at all with the rooms everything you needed was there. a great place to stay and will make a point of returning there again. extra thanks to the bar staff who were up for a laugh and made sure that we were looked after superbly.

ian summers, Scotland.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for posting your comments on a recent visit to the hotel on the occasion of your sons wedding. I am delighted to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your four day stay with us. It is very rewarding and motivating for our staff to receive such positive feedback. Thank you once again for taking the time to post your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Lodge Hotel, Coleraine.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

The lodge continues to employ young girls with poor hygiene absolutely appalled by the service of a young waitress in particular. Looked to be a new recruit, low hygiene and poor communication felt did not feel welcomed or satisfied with this service. However rooms were lovely and the stay was pleasant

• Stayed: September 2013
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. We rely on customer comments not just for feedback but as a basis to gauge how to improve our standards and service. Your comments are concerning in the midst of so many positive reviews. I would be grateful if you could contact the General Manager on 028 70 344848 and provide some further information to help us eradicate any repetition. Once again thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We decided to pop in for the Sunday evening carvery as we fancied a 'good old-fashioned' Sunday dinner.

The evening sitting is served from 5pm onwards in Romanoff's Restaurant and booking in advisable. It is £11.50 or £11.95 per person for two courses. The starter was a choice of two soups (which are served at your table) or from the VERY extensive cold buffet selection. I opted for some salads, cold meat and seafood - it was delicious and did not disappoint. However, labelling as to common allergens (such as wheat) would have been most useful because no member of staff was present.

The drinks were served promptly and the table cleared discreetly whilst we were up at the hot buffet. There was a very good choice of : roast beef, roast ham, roast turkey, lamb in (glutenised) gravy; (glutenised) cauliflower cheese; roasted root vegetables; peas; stuffing; chips; roast potates; mixed greens; and very wet creamed/mashed potatoes. A selection of condiments were also available.

The chef serving the buffet was most knowledgeable and helpful with regard to advising what was gluten-free and a delicious gravy-boat of piping hot gluten-free beef gravy was brought to my table. As a coeliac, this was marvellous - I really enjoyed my meal. The only low point, in my opinion, was the very wet mashed/creamed potatoes. Apart from that, it was perfect and I will definitely go back as it was good value for money with tasty local produce and portions were good.

Lots of families, with a very wide age range, were eating and the venue is wheelchair accessible. The waiting staff were bright, cheery and friendly - despite being very busy. They were also very helpful. We will definitely return - especially when I noticed that they have gluten-free options listed for the Tea-Time Treat menu.

1  Thank NiftyNortherner
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Thank you for your kind and balanced review of our Sunday Carvery, your detailed feedback is much appreciated. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your Gluten Free selection of dishes at our Sunday Carvery and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon to sample our new Tea Time Treat menu.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

stay in lodge hotel 5/10/2013 every thing about stay was great ,12 of us went for the elvis tribute meal and over night stay with breakfast great deal ,meal 4 course was great and plenty of it ,the staff are great all of them

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read you all enjoyed your overnight stay and dining experience at the hotel not to mention the entertainment "Andy Rodgers as Elvis" on the Saturday evening. We look forward to welcoming you all again soon.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

My partner and I recently had a lovely 4 day break at The Lodge Hotel in Coleraine. The staff are very friendly and helpful. We had the cooked breakfast every day, the poached eggs were cooked perfectly. Overall the food was excellent, we had the carvery when we arrived on Sunday and another lovely meal later in the week. Next time we will go at the weekend for the entertainment. Great value break.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your 4 day break at The Lodge Hotel. I shall be sure and pass on your kind comments to all the team at the Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coleraine
Premier Inn Coleraine Hotel
#1 of 4 in Portstewart
Magherabuoy House Hotel
Magherabuoy House Hotel
#5 of 8 in Portrush

Been to Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!