“Nicest meal I've had in a long time!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lodge Hotel

Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Coleraine
“Nicest meal I've had in a long time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Just wanted to share my lovely experience at The Lodge in Coleraine. My friend and I had dinner here on Saturday evening. Went on a chance as we hadn't booked and the place was packed but we were seated right away. Wonderful menu, great selection, gorgeous meal and really pleasant staff, especially the little curled red hair girl :) Really reasonably priced too. Thank you for such a lovely experience. I will definitely be back :)

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Miss-P-reviews2013
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Thank you for your super review, I am delighted to read you and your friend enjoyed your dining experience in Elliot's Bistro on Saturday evening. I shall be sure and pass on your kind comments to our Restaurant staff and especially to Niamh our little red head. We all look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Polish first
N.IRELAND
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Lodge Hotel for the weekend with family. Can not fault this hotel the rooms & food is defiantly worth a 5 star for this hotel. Excellent service by all staff! We will definitely be staying again & I recommend this hotel to everyone

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank louisek1982_9
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review and recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you and your family again soon.
Limavady, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Just returned from yet another outstanding Sunday lunch at the lodge. It's always my family's go to place for an occasion. The choice is endless and the standard could not be beaten. Everything is so fresh and replenished several times during one sitting. The starter room is to die for! I love to see people's reactions to it the first time they see it. The main course has equally as much choice and everything is piping hot and cooked to perfection. I don't even know how to put the dessert table into words! But weather u like cheesecake, pavalova, roulade, trifle or anything else you could possibly think of, it will satisfy even the sweetest tooth.
Best value around for miles and I can't wait to go back Easter Sunday :)

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank EmmaK46
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review and I am delighted you and your family enjoyed your Sunday Carvery Lunch, we look forward to welcoming you on Easter Sunday.
Antrim, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Spent one night in lodge hotel on 22nd February, had a lovely meal in restaurant, room was very clean & well equipped. The breakfast was first class, great cooked breakfast, big choice of fruit,breads,Danish & yogurts & great service from very friendly staff, will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Jenmcc2014
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review of your overnight stay at the hotel last month. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed the whole experience including your room, the service and the food. I will share your kind comments with the rest of the team and I look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit.
Coleraine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

Another family birthday and where to go to celebrate? Decisions, decisions.... Our family comprises of grandparents, adult children and grandchildren all with very good appetites so we decided after having a brilliant carvery experience a month or so previously we made the booking for Sunday last. As expected the car park was packed but we got spaces and proceeded (through the equally full bistro) to the main dining room. Having been shown to our table our drinks order was taken (no problems there-not like one of the other reviews thankfully) and my daughter and I proceeded to the 'cold starters' room!! What an array!! Where to start? Everything you can imagine you even might fancy eating as a starter is there - decisions, decisions..... no complaints from us (including the 2 6 year olds). Father and son had the same problems choosing..... Next decision - soup or not? All said no (saving ourselves for the main (and sweet)!! Main carvery as always was wonderful - again decisions, decisions.. all hot and freshly replenished as soon as required - which was often. Roast beef freshly carved and lamb along with a great array of vegetables was much appreciated by all our family. Then it was on to desserts.... 1 large portion or 2 small portions are very hard to choose as the tables are groaning under the strain of (I don't want to say calories) choice and then .... the server asks cream or ice cream.......... well it would be soooo rude not to take something after all the trouble the chefs have gone too.......... Lets just say its not easy!! And after all that we had our coffee served again by our lovely waitress (sorry didn't get her name). Anyway, if you are in the Coleraine/Triangle area of the North Coast of Ireland you will be very hard pushed to have a better meal than the Sunday Carvery in the Lodge (and the icing on the cake -seniors even get a slight reduction)!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kathleen J
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful and detailed review of your recent visit to our Sunday Carvery to celebrate a family birthday. I am delighted to read how much you all appreciated the service and selection of food available and how highly you enjoyed the experience. I will share your kind comments with all the team and I look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit.
Belfast, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

We stayed at this hotel Twice in December 2013 Firstly for 3 Nights just myself and my wife as a Mature Copple then secondldly with our 2 grown up sons for 4 Nights over the xmas Perioud, As a copple we did not realy have a lot to say the 3 Nights past Mostly without Inserdent other than Housekeeping still doing rooms well after 4pm and thay also seemed to delight in Moving our Own Personal Items from where we put them to where thay thought thay should be, We wear in a room on the second floor in the Annex witch was fine with us except for Doors Slamming at all hours of day and Night and guests turning a clearly marked out 3 Car Disabled Parking Bay in to a Very Squched 4 Car Bay thuss coursing Scratch Damage to 2 of my Car Doors that the hotel was Not Interested In, Now for our second trip with our 2 sons We asked for the same Room in the Annex and got it no bother and our sons wear just next door We arrived on xmas eve and we wear all also booked in for the Xmas day 7 Course Meal at £49.99 a Head and the Boxingday 6 course Meal at £29.99 a head Nither of Witch wear werth the Price Charged on top of the Prices Charged for the 2 rooms for 4 nights ment that in all these 2 trips in December 2013 cost us well over £1,600.00 in total Boxingdays Meal was 1 course short of Xmas Days However it was very everdent to not only see but taste that some of the food served on Boxing Day was Xmas Days in perticuler the Meat and Deserts this is not good practis nor is the fact that Both meals are Buffette Style Meals for these sort of prices you would Expect Waiter and Table Service, Granted we only had to sit down and eat without the washing up but the Hotel wear well payed for it infack our almost £200,00 Xmas Day Meal would no doubt of payed a Member of Staffs wages alone for the day, there was also very Little Atmisfear apart from the Expensive Crackers that everyone got 1 of on Xmas Day, This trip away for our meals at Xmas was a First for us and we had always herd Good Things about the Lodge Hotel however one should never beleave all one hears
The only other thing I want to mension is that a Female Member of staff on duty at the Rediculousely Timed 7.30.to 9.30am Buffette Breakfast room Tried to tell Paying Guests where thay Can and Can-Not sit Wile the other staff are really great in as thay just said sit where you Please, We do not really feel that there is anythink ealse to be said read the reviews stay there then Make your Own Minds Up.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave such detailed feedback on both your visits to the hotel in December 2013. However, I am concerned about some of the details highlighted. I would not normally contradict reviews but since I know Tripadvisor reports are so respected, I need to clarify for other readers that our Christmas Day Lunch is in fact five courses at £49 per person and Boxing Day is four courses and costs £22 per person. We do serve the same roasts and desserts on Christmas Day & Boxing Day and indeed at our popular four course Carvery each Sunday due to customer demand. I am glad to see from your previous reviews and indeed from our recent records that your experiences do not stop you returning to the hotel. I hope you enjoyed your recent stay and if you would like to discuss any details further, please do not hesitate to contact our General Manager, Carol Knox directly. Once again thank you for your feedback.
Antrim, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

My family go to this hotel 4 or 5 times and year and couldn't speak highly enough about the staff. They are definetly the most pleasant and helpful staff I have come across and the food is always gorgeous. Rooms are spacious and Very clean. My 3 year old daughter even likes it that much she always wants to know when we're going back. Looking forward to our next stay in the summer.

• Stayed January 2014
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Thank you for posting a review on Tripadvisor. I am happy to read your wonderful review. We look forward to welcoming you all in the summer.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coleraine
Premier Inn Coleraine Hotel
#4 of 8 in Portrush
Bayview Hotel
Bayview Hotel
#1 of 1 in Portballintrae

Been to Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!