“Gift voucher experience with a wheelchair ...... Overall happy stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lodge Hotel

Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Coleraine
“Gift voucher experience with a wheelchair ...... Overall happy stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Staying one night as part of a gift voucher that included dinner and breakfast.

Initially this voucher should have been used/expired end of March but due to unforeseen circumstances involving ending up in hospital, I found myself unable to use the voucher on the arranged dates. The hotel were very sympathetic to the change of circumstances and allowed a months extension to the gift voucher. I am very thankful for this.

My stay was in room 213 (which has disabled facilities) and is located in the annex part of the hotel. It is a large clean room with two single beds. Bathroom/wet room is also appropriately sized and clean. Floor gets quite wet with showers, but did not find floor to get slippy nor did it flood. This dried quickly with leaving door open.

Did have power-cuts in the room but upon asking staff regarding this discovered that the issue was occurring across the town. The power cuts did not last very long at all due to the back-up generator.

I did also ask for my kettle to be changed as initial one looked a little grubby - this was changed without issue and very promptly.

I had dinner and breakfast in the restaurant. Portion sizes were fantastic, and food was cooked very well. One of my dinner orders did come incorrectly but this was remedied very promptly.

My only issue with the hotel was getting about the premises alone as a wheelchair user; hotel is carpeted throughout and where it looks fantastic, depending on your strength it may prove difficult to push the chair. The doors could also be quite difficult to manoeuvre around, especially at the main reception entrance.

Overall I am very pleased with my stay and have no concerns about the high quality services provided by the hotel staff.

• Stayed May 2014
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your overnight stay at the Lodge Hotel. I hope you will come back and visit us again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Polish first
Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

I love this hotel, it's such a friendly inviting place to stay and the staff are excellent. I've only been twice and they remembered me form the first visit!!
It's not the most modern place but for service and comfort it's tip top.
If you are visiting friends or family in Coleraine then book yourself in to The Lodge as it's a perfect location too.
Myself and my family are going back next year as we love it there x

Room Tip: Choose the annexe for a more modern room x
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
I am so pleased that you were made to feel so welcome and comfortable at the Lodge Hotel. We are extremely proud of our staff at the hotel and fully appreciate the value they add to our guests experiences. Thank you for such a great review and we look forward to welcoming you and your family next year!
Newry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Called on Wednesday evening for a meal with my husband and son. Lovely waitress called Nicole served us and couldn't do enough for us. Very friendly and chatty and a real asset to your restaurant. When Nicole took our order she asked us did we want gravy/sauces over meat and chicken or a separate boat for them. This was the 1st time we were ever asked that and we found this great. My son spilled a glass of water everywhere but once again Nicole came to our assistance and cleared it up right away and said that's her job!! (Not often you hear that) As for the meal, it was terrific. My husband got a 8oz steak with about as much fat as would fit in a thimble - great. I got stuffed chicken and my son got roast beef - all beautiful. We find this Hotel a great place to eat and will definitely be back, (hopefully very soon!)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Thank you for your kind review. It is lovely to hear that you enjoyed your meal and that our staff especially Nicole went out of her way to provide good customer service. Your comments have been passed on to the relevant departments (especially Nicole) and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
belfast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

We stayed here for one night, as a couple. Check in was easy although I would have preferred it to be a little earlier, 4pm is quite late compared to other places we have stayed. We had a double room in the annex which was a bit of a walk away from reception but there is a covered walkway if the weather is not good.
The room was bigger than we expected and nicely decorated. It had all we needed except a safe which I think is not standard in a 3 star hotel anyway. Nice wall mounted flatscreen tv with a good variety of channels. The bed was amazing. I have never had such a good sleep. View was over the asda carpark but we were only there for the night so that wasnt a problem. No issues with road noise which was surprising as the hotel is very close to the roundabout. One thing that we did notice was a very strong smell of damp in our bathroom. It came from around the sink area and we could see how the wooden bench was lifting a bit. The bath had plenty of hot water, as did the shower. We ate in the bistro, I had booked weeks in advance but we turned up half an hour early and were given a table no problem. The food was delicious and served fairly quickly. I had a lovely homemade apple cinnamon tartlet dessert which I am still telling everyone about, it was absolutely amazing. The waitress Nicole was more than helpful, nothing was too much trouble so thank you. Music in the Bistro at 10pm. This was a very good singer who did a good mixture of country/eagles etc. We thoroughly enjoyed it. Breakfast was also very good. Plenty of choice, all freshly cooked with tea and toast brought to our table. I dont know why we havent stayed here before but we will definitely return.

Room Tip: Annex room was quiet, not sure if the same applies to main hotel rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelmumBelfast
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. I am delighted you enjoyed your overnight stay and dining experience in the hotel. With regard to the damp smell in the bathroom I would be grateful if you could contact the hotel via email or telephone and advise the room number you stayed in so we can rectify this matter immediately. Once again thank you for your review and I shall be sure and pass on your kind comments to Nicole and the rest of the team here at the Lodge Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Derry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

this hotel offers great value for money, excellent customer service, gorgeous rooms, fantastic food, ideal location, plenty of car parking. I have been a returning customer over many years as a I had my own wedding reception here, have been a wedding guest, stayed many times, eaten here too many times to count, been part of a couple/family with young kids/xmas parties. I have always received the greatest service with the personal touch. I would whole-heartedly recommend the Lodge Hotel to anyone/everyone!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Valowry
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you so much for posting a wonderful review. We take pride in the service we offer to our guests and your support over the years and recommendation is much appreciated. We all look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Portrush, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

My friend and I had a catch up tray over lunch in the Lodge today. we often met here as the food and service is always very good. We are often met by Niall who is a true asset to the company. He met us today carving behind the buffet table, admitting this was not his thing carving. He is a very professional young man, who has a great rapper with everyone who come through the door. Our meal as always was excellent ! Looking forward to our next lunch . well done Niall and all the staff . see you soon .

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank ShazFinlay
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for your great review. Nial is a great asset to the hotel and I shall be sure and pass on your kind comments to both Nial and the rest of the team. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

Stayed in the Lodge on Saturday night and was very nice. Its the second time we have stayed and i will definately be returning the food is amazing !! The staff are very friendly and cant do enough for you (stephen in particular!!!!) rooms are nice and beds very comfy!.. Not far from coleraine town itself prob less than a 10 min walk with plenty of shops!!..

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank LauraM89Rcoole
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thank you for posting a review. I am pleased to read you enjoyed your overnight stay and dining experience with us on Saturday evening. I shall be sure and pass on your kind comments to the team here at the Lodge and in particular Stephen. We all look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coleraine
Premier Inn Coleraine Hotel
#4 of 8 in Portrush
Bayview Hotel
Bayview Hotel
#1 of 1 in Portballintrae

Been to Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!