“Fantastic service”

Ranked #2 of 8 Birkenhead B&B and Inns
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Fantastic service”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This hotel was warm, homely and spotlessly clean. The rooms we had were quite small, but they were well equipped and comfortable, with large, fluffy duvets. The bed in my double room was a little on the firm side for me, but that's a personal preference.

The service was excellent here. Everyone we met was very friendly and keen to offer advice about the local area. They booked our taxis for us and opened the bar later than usual when we were waiting for them. When I was in a delicate state the next morning, Julie gave me a complimentary glass of orange juice, even though breakfast was long over.

We couldn't comment on the breakfasts- we missed them as the service finished at 9.30 and that was just too early for us after our very late night!

We had chosen the hotel based on location for an event we were attending on The Wirral, but actually, it only took around 10-15 minutes to get into the centre of Liverpool via the tunnel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night as I was going out to Liverpool for my birthday. The staff were very friendly and the rooms were standard but, clean. We brought a pizza back and the staff provided plates, knives and forks which I thought was a nice touch. I would stay here again for a one night stay.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Birkenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed for several days at the Shrewsbury Lodge and felt very welcomed there. Every member of the staff gave me excellent advice about the area and helped me as I found a place to live permanently. My room was clean and comfortable, and always well-stocked with tea and biscuits. There is also a bright and open common area that is ideal for relaxing or getting work done.

And last but not least: outstandingly delicious breakfasts that are perfectly cooked, every time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank P H
Redditch, Worcestershire
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Had a girly weekend away and couldn't have chosen a better venue. Nick and Julie were perfect hosts. Our room was clean and comfortable and breakfast was delicious and cooked to order.
The hotel is ideally located in a quiet area and both Central Birkenhead and Liverpool are easily accessible. Would not hesitate in recommending this most welcoming of places.
Thank you both for your hospitality and attention, we will be back!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 835lizn
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2014

ive stayed a the shrewsbury lodge many a time after the match at anfield and i can never find a fault with it its in a quiet part of birkenhead and there is no noise from outside to disturb u ive always found the staff really helpful and friendly and whilst leaving the hotel on monday i was stopped by julie one of the owners and she asked me how my stay was and was everything alright and how i was keeping and i thought that very nice of her it made me feel a valued regular guest and for that i will definatly reccomend this hotel to anyone looking for a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: as long as it suits your needs any room the shrewsbury lodge has to offer is perfect. there are 3 f...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank scott t
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Spent I night over the Mother's Day weekend at the shrewsbury. We stayed in the family room and very much enjoyed our stay the room was big and roomy the bed was comfy and most importantly breakfast hit the spot in the morning . Everything was as it should be nick and Julie are genial hosts.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Andrewthommo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I needed a good value place to stay for the weekend when visiting family. I chose the perfect place. Set in a great location, in a lovely little area. The staff were super friendly and informative when I checked in and made me feel thoroughly at home. The single room was perfect for my needs, quiet, clean and lots of space. Dinner in the restaurant was brilliant and had a great full english breakfast in the morning. I thoroughly look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank StruanPaterson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birkenhead
Riverhill Hotel
#1 of 1 in Thornton Hough
Leasowe Castle Hotel
Leasowe Castle Hotel
#1 of 1 in Leasowe

Been to The Shrewsbury Lodge? Share your experiences!