“quiet & comfortable , excellent staff & service”

The Shrewsbury Lodge
Ranked #2 of 8 Birkenhead B&B and Inns
warrington
“quiet & comfortable , excellent staff & service”
Reviewed 2 July 2009

the shrewsbury lodge is a lovely hotel with character in quiet pleasant area. I only had need for a brief overnight stay but it exceeded my expectations.The staff are very helpul and polite and engaging conversation naturally to just the right level.The bar and lounge areas are very comfortable and relaxing. Unfortunately I didnt have an opportunity to sample the restaurant.As far removed from "corporate land " faceless hotels as you can get and great value.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
London, UK
Reviewed 30 June 2009

The Shrewsbury Lodge is an charming building tucked away, but in a decent location, not far from town or the station. Upon arrival my online booking didn't seem to have gone through. This posed no problems, as the efficient, friendly and helpful staff ensured I was checked in without a hitch. The room was basic but comfortable. Irons were available easily and the bathroom was very clean. The bar and lounge were pleasant, comfortable and relaxing, and the staff were cheerful and happy to help.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
Wirral
Reviewed 9 April 2009

I have been meaning to write this review since my last visit to the Shrewsbury Lodge. As a regular customer to the restaurant, I have enjoyed many delicious meals, Sunday lunches and special celebrations, such as My Mum's 70th Birthday, a very enjoyable night, not to mention the wonderful buffet and the hospitality. What I love about the food is that it is all freshly made , as well as beautifully cooked and presented. Nick, Julie and all the staff go that extra mile to make you feel at home. On my recommendation my work colleagues and I enjoyed a delicious Christmas lunch, it was so relaxing and we were all made to feel so welcome and they all want to book again for this Christmas.

Stayed December 2008
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 13 March 2009

I has a booking for two nights. Maybe i had call them too late (at 22:00) but there was never answer to me. I was all night in a 24 hours gas station and when i got a person who leave to the hotel (15 minutes trip) nobody attend us to the ringbell for five times.
All area hotel was full because next day plays liverpool - real madrid football match....
It was raining, it was a cold night and i chose to stay at gas station. Four hours later i got a cab which take me to liverpool city centre and i had spend all the rest night at lime street station...
Next morning i call to the hotel again and nobody answer to me.
I had to pay for a new hotel near albert dock at liverpool.
Furthermore, shrewsbury hotel have charged to my credit card two nights that i never to made use.
I had never seen everything similar. I received a very severe blow....
I was very sad for that dealings....
I will take legal actions for refund my money.

Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
Juliewirral_9, Owner at The Shrewsbury Lodge, responded to this review, 3 April 2009
In respnse to your review, we can only assume that you must have gone to the wrong place. There is a pub in the Village called The Shrewsbury Arms. Reception was manned on both days waiting for you, we still wonder why you did not come to the hotel on the Tuesday daytime if you say you had no answer on the Monday night? Our customers are important to us so as a means of a goodwill gesture we are prepared to refund your first nights stay. We are unhappy with your version of the events as we know there was somebody here waiting for you to come.

Our terms and conditions are clear and it states that you should have contacted us if you were not going to get here within the times stated.
Shrewsbury Lodge
Wirral
Reviewed 27 February 2009

We have been guests at the Shrewsbury Lodge for 6 or 7 years now and have not once gone home with a single negative feeling.

The food is always beautifully prepared, looks exciting and tastes wonderful. The chef often comes to ask what one thinks and explains where he sourced the ingriedients. you can tell he takes a pride in what he does and this is well justified.

the waiting staff are always polite and friendly, never either rush you or leave you waiting for too long. Nothing is too much trouble.

We have stayed over night on special occasions and have always found the rooms clean ,comfy and inviting. I love the bedding it feels like very good quality Eygyptian cotton. The room facilities are good as well.

All in all an establishment to be highly reccomended for its warm and inviting atmosphere, good food and excellent service.

1 Thank GwladysStreetWirral
Wallasey Merseyside
Reviewed 26 February 2009

Recently had a meal at the Shrewsbury Lodge Hotel. The food was good and the restaurant had a lovely ambience. I found the staff to be exceptionally friendly, yet they still managed a polite professionalism without being to distant. I would recommend this hotel for a meal either weekends or during the week. It is a hidden treasure on the Wirral and is worth a visit.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gmstikka
Chester-le-Street
Reviewed 23 February 2009

I booked for 3 nights at the Shrewsbury Lodge. I was meeting up with friends in Prenton and needed a place to stay that would allow walking distance to a variety of places.
I was within walking distance of every restaurant and bar my friends intended to take me.
I dined in the hotel restaurant and service was superb.
My room was simple and very clean. All I needed was somewhere comfortable to sleep, a bathroom to get washed and a plug for my hairdryer. My room met all my needs.
Having driven 180 miles to get there, I was pleased there was ample free parking.
All the staff were friendly and made an effort to get to know you.

I enjoyed my stay and would certainly return again.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank rachelorr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birkenhead
Premier Inn Birkenhead Town Centre Hotel
Jurys Inn Liverpool
Jurys Inn Liverpool
#23 of 97 in Liverpool
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,425 reviews

Been to The Shrewsbury Lodge? Share your experiences!