“Creative Gastronomy. The Wirral's Hidden Gem!”
Review of Fraiche

Fraiche
Ranked #5 of 262 Restaurants in Birkenhead
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Creative Gastronomy. The Wirral's Hidden Gem!”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My parents have been here a few time and have raved about how good the food was, so it was decided as a post-birthday and course finishing celebration we booked ourselves a table. You need to be quick as table are released three months in advance and go quickly as there are only a few table to dine at.

The meal ended up being a 15ish course extravaganza, with a number of pre tasters to wet the appetite before the the main dishes arrived. This is possibly the best tasting menu I have had in the UK, and is up there with my best experience of a menu of this type.

Well done to the team how attend to you every need, hope t be back again soon.

• Visited June 2014
5 Thank Chris H

Nantwich, United Kingdom
“Better than Ever”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

This was our fourth visit, and we always love dining here. However, this time was absolutely brilliant in terms of both food and service. This was up there with the best meals I have ever eaten. Every course was uniformly brilliant and individual, but also jelled excellently together as a whole. We will be there again, as soon as we can get a table.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Roy L
Wales, United Kingdom
“Ruby ruby, ruby.........doooooby”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Chosen to celebrate our ruby anniversary. My ONLY complaint with this restaurant is that it is so small. Recently we could have filled it (not difficult when only a maximum of 10 allowed) 6 times but... I won't even bother commenting on the food, service, quality, atmosphere etc. It is second to none...to ANYwhere I/we have been, well except at home hahaha. My 'low rating' is because we would have enjoyed other people's company...well come on, after 40yrs, so would you!

4 Thank LydiaBed
Dorridge, United Kingdom
“More style over substance and technique over taste !”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

It was a culinary experience worth having but for me was a disappointment more so for me than my partner. It did not hit my taste buds as I was expecting nothing really stood out as brilliant although some dishes were nicer than other's - my favourite was the pre-desert, detail of which alludes me ! As were on that subject of details about the dish's - this was part of the experience I did not enjoy far too formal. I felt I was back at school told to sit up and pay attention - just give me the dish and say enjoy - that's sufficient for me. Maybe the details on a small menu would be better plus I can take the menu home in memory. I feel also Fraiche has a problem as it totally lacks atmosphere being such a small venue - the ambiance was more formal than I like never felt totally relaxed while there. My partner who enjoyed it more felt many some of the dish's were too busy maybe less is more. As a culinary experience I applaud the young Chef who is putting Birkenhead on the culinary map as we traveled especially for this experience from the West Midlands. I think in summarising it felt more like style over substance and technique over taste.

Merseyside
“Fantastic dining experience”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My husband & I visited Fraiche last night after booking 3 months ago. It was well worth the wait!
The food was an experience, both on the eye & the palate.
Yes it is expensive & will not be visiting weekly but will certainly want to visit again for the 'total experience'.