“Absolutely perfect ...as always”
Review of Fraiche

Fraiche
Ranked #5 of 265 Restaurants in Birkenhead
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Marc and the team at Fraiche always deliver a dining experience to remember. This excellent restaurant can't be faulted and is highly recommended for a visit you will not forget.

2  Thank gracieWirral
There are newer reviews for Fraiche

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I'm afraid I can't comment on our actual visit, it seems it wasn't to be.

After spending many months attempting to book, I secured a reservation, paid a deposit and was looking forward to my visit with my husband in August.

Last week I emailed the restaurant to enquire about the possibility of swapping our reservation to any other date and time as something important had come up. The response I received was 'cancelled'.

I immediately replied stating that at no point did I request our booking be cancelled, I was merely enquiring about whether a swap would have been possible.

I received one further email stating 'sorry already cancelled'.

I would have expected a phone call as a minimum, I would never dream of treating my clients in this way and to be honest, feel we've dodged a bullet. I won't be attempting to book again and will instead continue to enjoy fine dining slightly further afield. A real shame from a restaurant so close to home.

34  Thank Amy K
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My parents have been here a few time and have raved about how good the food was, so it was decided as a post-birthday and course finishing celebration we booked ourselves a table. You need to be quick as table are released three months in advance and go quickly as there are only a few table to dine at.

The meal ended up being a 15ish course extravaganza, with a number of pre tasters to wet the appetite before the the main dishes arrived. This is possibly the best tasting menu I have had in the UK, and is up there with my best experience of a menu of this type.

Well done to the team how attend to you every need, hope t be back again soon.

5  Thank Chris H
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This was our fourth visit, and we always love dining here. However, this time was absolutely brilliant in terms of both food and service. This was up there with the best meals I have ever eaten. Every course was uniformly brilliant and individual, but also jelled excellently together as a whole. We will be there again, as soon as we can get a table.

3  Thank Roy L
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Chosen to celebrate our ruby anniversary. My ONLY complaint with this restaurant is that it is so small. Recently we could have filled it (not difficult when only a maximum of 10 allowed) 6 times but... I won't even bother commenting on the food, service, quality, atmosphere etc. It is second to none...to ANYwhere I/we have been, well except at home hahaha. My 'low rating' is because we would have enjoyed other people's company...well come on, after 40yrs, so would you!

4  Thank LydiaBed