“DISAPPOINTED”

Price range: US$8 - US$27
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Shrewsbury Lodge has the flexibility to cater for any occasion, from Afternoon Tea to a perfect venue, for special birthday, christening, wedding, or funeral, with our wide selection of buffets and menus we can tailor the buffet to match your needs, and to exceed your expectations.
Wallasey, United Kingdom
“DISAPPOINTED”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

what a let down this meal was for us on saturday night although I must say the man who served us Tom was very friendly. My starter of prawns came smoothered in cocktail sauce on a bed of shredded lettuce and a wedge of lemon, no garnish or brown bread and butter which is usually the norm. My husbands creamy garlic mushrooms which he said was tasty was swimming in a bowl of sauce but no spoon or bread to go with them.
The main meals on menu came with new potatoes and seasonal veg, as we dont like new potatoes we asked could we swop for chips only to be told chips are a side order and would be charged extra. No problem we ordered them and asked for well done chips as carn't stand pale chips.
The main meals came my salmon{overcooked} and my husbands chicken again covered in different sauces of no texture. the veg was french beens and carrot batons. then 2 small bowls of chips arrived not only were the chips FROZEN not homemade but pale and cost us £7 extra. My husband would not let me complain but we felt very let down as we had very good meals at that restaurant many years ago.

• Visited April 2012

wirral
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent meal on mothers day”
Reviewed 25 March 2009

Went for a meal there on Mothers Day and it was excellent. Good food, welcoming staff, excellent service, and a nice relaxed atmosphere. Most importantly of all - Mum enjoyed it! Highly Recommended.

1 Thank lambyWirral
Wirral
“Excellent service and brilliant food...”
Reviewed 25 March 2009

The Shrewsbury Lodge Hotel exceeded our expectations in all areas - service, food and facilities. The reception we recieved was great and service from start to finish was excellent. I would and have recommended this to friends and family.

Wallasey
“Great Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed 5 March 2009

Sunday lunch at the Shrewsbury Lodge Hotel is highly recommended. The selection on the menu is varied in choice.

I had the brocolli and stilton soup to start. The portion size was very good and the flavour of the soup was not to overpowering. I then had the lamb roast which had a very nice flavour with a selection of vegetables and potatoes. My wife did not have a starter and she choose the roast beef for her main. The portion size once again was excellent and the beef was very tasty and tender. She then followed her meal with the home made apple crumble with vanilla ice cream which was very nice and I had the cheese board which had plently of choice.

Whilst the overall cost is slightly more expensive than going to your local pub for sunday lunch it is well worth the extra, you do have a choice of a 2 or 3 course sunday lunch menu. The restaurant setting is lovely and extremely pleasant. Also it is nice to sit and enjoy your food at your pace and not the quicker service you may get in a public house.

The staff I found to be very friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble for them.

I fully recommend this lovely little hotel for a family sunday lunch or special occassion. I look forward to returning very soon.

3 Thank Foxy034