“A Full English and thats exactly what i was!!”
Review of The Coffee Shop Wellington Road - CLOSED

The Coffee Shop Wellington Road
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
“A Full English and thats exactly what i was!!”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

My wife and i popped in here after searching for somewhere for brekkie after dropping our son off at the ferry Terminal. We plumped for a full english breakfast as we had had an early start and were starving. For £4.99 this breakfast was awesome. 2 rashers Bacon,2 delicious sausages,2 eggs,black pudding,mushrooms,beans,2 hash browns and 5 tomatoes on the vine and 2 rounds of toast each.. The farmer who supplied the eggs delivered as we were there and had been on the tv news as his cow had had triplets! the food was faultless cooked to perfection and delicious. The cafe is tucked away in Wellington road but its worth finding. Builders were in and out for their breakfasts..always a good sign!!

• Visited August 2013

tommypip
“Great food”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

My husband eats here constantly, and I have been a few times. The place is super clean (I'm OCD) and very modern. Wide menu, from snacks to full meals such as pasta. Decaf soya coffee with caramel syrup went down a treat, better than Costa or Starbucks. Nothing is too much trouble.

I would take negative reviews with a pinch of salt, especially when it's the member's only review. The staff here work hard, and I have never had a bad meal.

I particularly like the way they treat disabled patrons who visit from the nearby homes. They treat them with respect, dignity and kindness, which I have every respect for. Many of these patrons visit daily just for a drink and chat. The staff are very busy but always find time for a chat and smile.

Keep up the good work.

• Visited June 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best cafe in Birkenhead”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

It's testamount to how good this cafe is that there have been at least 10 different cafes in these premises over the years and 'The Coffee Shop' is the only one good enough to have lasted longer than 6 months.

The breakfasts here are superb with proper crispy bacon, meaty/herby sausages and a choice of poached, scrambled or fried egg - all done to perfection - which is hard to find in a standard greasy spoon. At only £4.95 for a big breakfast they are value for money too.

Staff are very friendly, always willing to chat and tailor your meal exactly how you would like it. The Coffee Shop also scores highly for it's range of 'non-breakfast' choices with steak baguettes and sausage and chutney baguettes being particular favourites.

Eat here most weekends and wouldn't even consider another cafe in birkenhead now

Birkenhead, United Kingdom
“Best breakfast and chocolate milkshake!”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Me and my bf frequently go to the coffee shop of a weekend for breakfast! The food is always amazing (the sausages are the best iv ever had!), the staff are always friendly and happy to help and the chocolate milkshakes are to die for! All this for reasonable prices! I would definitely recommend going! :)

Birkenhead, United Kingdom
“Worst cafe we have ever been to!!”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

My husband and myself went after reading good reports on tripadvisor and we were totally shocked. We ordered a latte, 2 rounds of toast and a bottle of J20. I was given the J20 without it being opened, which wasn't a screw top! Toast came and only top and bottom crusts were a little toasted, main part of bread was slightly warm but not toasted. Latte was a long time coming and when we asked were it was the "gentleman" said the girl was making it but the latte never came only coffee made with water. My husband commented on the toast and was told in a very rude manner " Electricity costs money". I didn't realise that toast was made with electricity!!!!!!!!!
I would advise anyone thinking of trying this so called "little gem" to keep well away.

2 Thank b_white991