“What a fantastic day”

Oxton Bar and Kitchen
Ranked #8 of 259 Restaurants in Birkenhead
Price range: US$8 - US$31
Cuisines: Bar, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Oxton Bar & Kitchen was founded in 2004. We are an independent family run bar, with a kitchen, and a terrace in the centre of the leafy conservation village. We serve tasty locally sourced fresh food, local craft beers and the best cocktails around. We aim to support our local independent business's / suppliers - therefore you will find no mainstream mediocre brands here. We pride ourselves on our crew, service and atmosphere.
Liverpool
“What a fantastic day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Had a fantastic sunny Saturday day and night! The food was spot on and the staff very friendly and helpful. Decent live music in the evening. All in all a great day/night out

• Visited May 2014

Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
“astonishingly awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

what can I say - surly, disrespectful service, awful food. Myself, 2 friends and 6 children this afternoon for an early supper. Firstly on volunteering to help to take the drinks off the tray for the waitress I was snapped at. Then, unaware I was behind her, she ridiculed me to her colleague at the bar inferring I was an idiot for offering to help! We asked for plain scrambled egg on toast for 3 of the children - they agreed but when it came it was laden with pepper, on a bed of spinach and with bacon on top. Of course the children didn't eat it. My daughter, who has a very sophisticated palate for a 10 year old, had the smoked salmon on scrambled egg. She said it was awful - the bread was soggy, the scrambled egg watery. My son had the roast beef - beef like shoe leather and rubbery Yorkshire pudding.
A truly awful experience and one I wont be repeating

• Visited June 2014
4 Thank Maggie M
Birkenhead, United Kingdom
“Good atmosphere, shame about the prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Visited here on saturday night with friends for a get together! Good atmosphere although we had to go inside at 11pm with our drinks which was a shame. Our round of drinks where quite pricy but I guess you pay for the whole experience. Doubt we will be back again .

Visited May 2014
1 Thank KatieW2212
Wirral, United Kingdom
“Flat beer”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Been here lots of times , not really impressed, beers not that good really , in fact my pint was flat before I sat down, won't rush back

Visited February 2014
4 Thank alanerobson
Mike-Atkinson86, Owner at Oxton Bar and Kitchen, responded to this review, 19 January 2015
Thanks for your opinion on beer Alan,

I think I'll sleep easy though knowing that Camra have listed us in the 'Good Beer Guide' though - with only 1 in 12 making the cut.

Unfortunately we do not (and will not) serve chemically preserved flavourless Euro pop fizz marketed as 'Belgian lager' made in some undisclosed industrial park in Northern England. Your favourite branded Aussie lager is - shock horror - not from Australia either!

Naturally carbonated truly lagered beer (cold stored) has finer and more integrated bubbles.

See you soon for a flat beer.

Mike
Birkenhead, United Kingdom
“Saturday afternoon lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

We visited this place on a Saturday afternoon for lunch. Very good service nice place. Food good and reasonably priced. Oh and by the way they had a great background music playlist on.

• Visited May 2014