“A very tasty lunch”

Price range: US$8 - US$32
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Oxton Bar & Kitchen was founded in 2004. We are an independent family run bar, with a kitchen, and a terrace in the centre of the leafy conservation village. We serve tasty locally sourced fresh food, local craft beers and the best cocktails around. We aim to support our local independent business's / suppliers - therefore you will find no mainstream mediocre brands here. We pride ourselves on our crew, service and atmosphere.
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We had heard that the Oxton Bar & Kitchen was a good place to eat but had never tried it in spite of it being almost on our doorstep, electing always to travel out to dine. On this occasion we chose to have our lunch there, focusing on something quite light, with Olive and Feta cheese serving as an appetiser while we waited for the 'mains', comprising of BLT's & Baked Goat cheese. These were really starters so we added a few sides of chips and onion rings.
The order came in good time and we were all so impressed with the amount and quality of the dishes. The fries were absolutely delicious as too the onion rings.and each of the dishes proved plentiful and mouth watering. My wife who normally needs to use the condiments to supplement the taste used next to nothing, claiming that it was unnecessary. We'd heard that the ice cream was plentiful and of the best quality so we only ordered the one, just to finish off. This came with a hot chocolate sauce, strawberries and biscuits and we all thoroughly enjoyed it, grateful that we had ordered only the one serving!
How nice to visit a place where everything met our satisfaction, from the efficiency and friendliness of the service, the quality and quantity of servings and the value for money. We will definitely be making this a regular eating place. Well done to all.,

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

I always find myself coming back to the OBK when in Oxton. I try different places, venturing out to Liverpool and Chester sometimes. But something always draws me back this great little bar and terrace!

This time I visited it was for a Father's Day meal, so it was a little different from my usual boozy jaunts. It is a pleasure to say that this place can cover all bases!

The staff were very flexible when we ran a little late, and incredibly accommodating when we arrived. They knew their menus well and made some very nice personal suggestions for some of my family who weren't so sure what to choose. Drinks were delivered promptly and to exceptional standard (be sure to try their cocktail of the month)!

The food itself has always been a plus point for me in the OBK, so I had high expectations. I was pleasantly surprised that the standards has indeed risen since my last visit, with a beautiful Sunday roast dinner that I wolfed down! And definitely worth the money!

My grandparents stayed for some beers and some coffees and were treated with upmost respect. It is these subtleties in etiquette that show the staff really care.

I believe attention to detail is key in service delivery, and the OBK always hits the nail on the head!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I have been a loyal customer in the Oxton Bar for many years now as I live local with my family. We go in every Sunday for their gorgeous Sunday roasts, and always take our friends in there for drinks on a Friday/Saturday night. We love the atmosphere, there is a constant buzz about the place, we love the food, we have never had a bad meal in there, and the staff are always so lovely and wait on your hand and foot.
I always have and always will recommend the Oxton Bar to anyone, it is definitely a must visit!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Had a fantastic sunny Saturday day and night! The food was spot on and the staff very friendly and helpful. Decent live music in the evening. All in all a great day/night out

Reviewed 22 June 2014

what can I say - surly, disrespectful service, awful food. Myself, 2 friends and 6 children this afternoon for an early supper. Firstly on volunteering to help to take the drinks off the tray for the waitress I was snapped at. Then, unaware I was behind her, she ridiculed me to her colleague at the bar inferring I was an idiot for offering to help! We asked for plain scrambled egg on toast for 3 of the children - they agreed but when it came it was laden with pepper, on a bed of spinach and with bacon on top. Of course the children didn't eat it. My daughter, who has a very sophisticated palate for a 10 year old, had the smoked salmon on scrambled egg. She said it was awful - the bread was soggy, the scrambled egg watery. My son had the roast beef - beef like shoe leather and rubbery Yorkshire pudding.
A truly awful experience and one I wont be repeating

7  Thank Maggie M