“Perfect Wedding”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

Would thoroughly recommend this hotel for a wedding. Steve and his team made it such a memorable day for our daughter and her husband. The food and service was exceptional.

Date of visit: July 2016

Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

Went here for my mums birthday. 18 of us. We got the menus emailed to us and ordered our preferences in advance, which I think saved a lot of hassle all round.
We got there early for drinks in the lounge and was served by a lovely lady who was really friendly and efficient.
Called into the restaurant and our starters arrived. Tasted lovely and beautifully presented. Main course I had the lamb which was again lovely. Everybody enjoyed their meal as far as I'm aware. Desserts where presented on an trolly and although it was difficult to choose I opted for the cheese board. Nice as it was I wish I hadn't as I had to wait an age for it, everybody else had finished and were waiting for me, I felt awkward. ..not that the family intended that. ..so I left half of it so we could go outside into the garden for coffee. It was a scorcher of a day and being outside in the sun finished a lovely Sunday lunch.
Well done to all the staff.
Photo is of egg mayonnaise starter. Delish!

Date of visit: May 2016
2  Thank 11Alicat
Reviewed 1 June 2016 via mobile

We had a family meal at the restaurant for my grandma's 86 birthday and we where all really looking forward to it.
We where all seated nice starters where lovely then the main meals came out thin cut meat and I mean thin couldn't be any more thicker than back bacon which was over cooked and sitting in a light brown liquid which was tasteless the roast potatoes where dry and awful like they had been left under heat lamps the carrot and broccoli had been over cooked all soft and mushy and there was not even enough for us all I wanted to ask for more but I seen the staff where to busy talking out the back and dealing with other customers. Kids meals where nice for them I will give them that.
I was that disgusted with my meal that much it put me off my desserts and that not like me with my sweet tooth. We where never asked how are meals where so couldn't comment so put it on here..
Everyone got there dessert apart from my auntie when she finally got her minimal cheese plate it was after all the dessert plates had been cleared which was awful taste making her wait for that long then rushing us out to the garden for tea and coffee when she had only just started her cheese serving plate. We where never asked if we needed anything like drinks or condiments so had to go the bar our self's while dining must admit the lady behind the bar was very helpful and give brilliant service.
Me and my partner where gutted to be honest as we where also looking at this hotel and what it had to offer for a wedding venue as my grandma and auntie said it was lovely but we where sadly let down and sorry to say that my family will not be coming back again as you can get a better meal from a carvery for less money we only tipped the staff as it only polite too

1  Thank GarethDW
Reviewed 9 May 2016 via mobile

We went here to celebrate my wife's birthday, the meal & service was faultless.

The staff are a credit to the restaurant, and the food presentation was spot on, the service was "old school" attentive and and personable.

The menu was full of selections, the lamb roast dinner....WOW is all I can say

We will definitely be coming back very soon.

The Sunday lunch menu is £20.95 for 3 courses, good value with the the portions you receive... Top quality

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 28 March 2016

The manager and staff at The Riverhill Hotel, Oxton could not have been more welcoming and helpful. We and our guests gave high praise to the smooth running service, the absence of undue delays and the wonderful food served piping hot as required. Portions were generous, the standard of cooking excellent and a sweet trolley laden with an abundance of mouth watering deserts to die for. The cost was surprisingly reasonable and eclipsed other prestige hotels in the area by some margin. We were delighted!