“Over 20 years of dining at Yiamas Restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Yiamas Greek Taverna

Yiamas Greek Taverna
Ranked #2 of 255 Restaurants in Birkenhead
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Cheap Eats, Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Yiamas Greek Taverna welcomes you to the home of truly authentic Greek cuisine in the heart of Birkenhead in True Taverna style.Our Taste of the med on the Wirral.Warm and friendly setting with exceptional service always. Fun Greek Nights with greek belly dancing.
Wallasey, United Kingdom
“Over 20 years of dining at Yiamas Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

We have been dining in this restaurant for over 20 years. We have always received excellent quality food and service. We were there on the night when the '40th birthday' incident took place!!! The only dampener on this evening was the behaviour of the lady in question. We witnessed the arrogant attitude of this lady towards the staff, who remained very professional at all times. We feel her comments are unfair and unjust. This is by far the best Greek restaurant in Merseyside.

1 Thank layla147

liverpool
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Do not be put off by the location, Yiamas truly is a beautiful place to visit. Inside it has authentic decor and friendly, welcoming staff who make conversation out of genuine interest, not a means to an end for tips! You're treated like a special guest at a family home.
The food is traditional Greek style, fresh and exquisitely presented. We ordered the Greek platter of meats ... highly recommended if you have a big appetite! I also went for baklava and a calypso coffee, but I couldn't finish them, they certainly don't skimp on portion sizes!
The official hygiene rating is 5 out of 5. The decor does look a little old but you can tell it is clean and I think it adds to its charm. We stayed quite late (in fact we were the last couple to pay) but nobody rushed us. In fact, the first time I asked to settle the bill the waiter returned with complimentary (and really fresh and juicy) watermelon. A short while later he returned with shots of ouzo! Again, on the house. We really did feel welcome and there was no pressure to leave, we could eat and talk at our leisure. When the bill finally arrived we were also presented with jelly babies on top of the traditional mints - a nice touch I thought!
Prices are reasonable. It does get busy but it has a good atmosphere and there's still room to keep private conversations private. We will definitely be returning!

1 Thank sarahl88
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Perfect in every way!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

I go to Yiamas on a regular basis with my boyfriend and we both love it!!

Tonight I enjoyed a fabulous meal their with my boyfriend, mother and a family friend. We had a great time.

I would describe this restaurant as; welcoming, warming and friendly.

Firstly the staff are great!!! I have been a waitress myself therefore I know how hard and demanding the job can be (especially on weekends) however no matter how busy it is the staff deliver excellent service and work very hard! They are charming and polite, just what everyone likes.

Secondly the food is cooked to perfection, it's not under cooked and it's not burnt. It's slap bang in the middle (perfect really). Presentation of the food is great.

The layout of the restaurant is lovely and cozy, and the tables are always set beautifully.

Overall this is one of the best restaurants I have ever visited and it deserves a 5 star rating!

Yiamas!!

1 Thank scott m
Liverpool
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

We went to Yiamas for a child's birthday party . We had a brilliant time. The food was excellent with a great atmosphere. My son and daughter said it was one of his best nights. Entertainment as well as fine food. Would highly recommend

• Visited July 2013
Liverpool
“Fantastic great dinner night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

First time we been to Yiamas, first impression was warm welcoming and great atmosphere, I ordered Dolmades for stater and Moussaka as main taste was amazing.staff are friendly, I loved this place and I booked a table for my boyfriends birthday, 100% recommend.