“a real home from home!”

Ashburton Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Birkenhead
Ashburton Guest House
Ranked #1 of 8 Birkenhead B&B and Inns
Oxford, United Kingdom
“a real home from home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

We had the pleasure of staying with Jimmy and moe after a friend recommended them,we stayed with our two children (14 and 12) for 2 nights in May,and I'm so glad we did.Although local public houses would not accept children after 7 for food,Jimmy and Moe armed us with a wide range of takeaway menus,and were more than happy for us (as well as other residents)to use the dining area for our evening meal.Our rooms were spacious and clean with tea and coffee making facilities.The guest house is ideally located for exploring and has a good bus service which goes from just outside,we took the bus down to the docks and caught the ferry across into Liverpool,but you can just go by bus.Jimmy's breakfasts are a must,and keep you going all day!! There isn't anything that these lovely people won't help you with,we had a fantastic stay and will definatley be going back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Birkenhead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

i stayed here the day before my wedding and the room was excellent .stayed with my family they was down from york jim was very friendly and helpful breakfast was wonderful we was made to feel very welcome was also ok for me to check out late so i could get dressed on my wedding day my family really enjoyed staying here and we would defo reccomend to anyone who comes stay thankyou jim and maureen from paul and family from york

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Threshfield, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

I had the pleasure of staying with Jimmy and Moe for two nights at the start of May this year. As I was staying in Birkenhead for an acrobatics course, I was unsure about splashing out the extra five pounds for breakfast so Moe very kindly offered to let me try it for free the first day and then decide if I wanted breakfast the second day or not. The food - along with the friendly service and fantastic property - was absolutely wonderful and I would highly recommend it to any guests. A bonus is that you can design your own breakfast and it will be lovingly prepared for you in the kitchen.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Ashton-under-Lyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

We were made to feel very welcome when we arrived. Maureen showed us to our room, which was very spacious, clean and comfortable. We were asked what time we wanted breakfast ( I found this a really nice touch as being at a wedding we did not want to get up to early). Breakfast by Jim was lovely and Freshly cooked,10/10.
We are often over on the Wirral as we have family and friends here, so we have now found a wonderful place to stay when we need to stay over.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Troon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

The hosts at the Ashburton are so very welcoming you feel immediately at home. The room we had was beautifully decorated, clean and comfortable. It makes an excellent base to explore The Wirral, Liverpool, Chester and even Wales. Nothing was too much trouble at breakfast and we were treated like cherished friends. Would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

what a fabulous place and wonderful hosts, a big thank you to Maureen and Jim for making us so welcome, you treated us as old friends not guests, and Jim's breakfast is a legend, like the man himself. This guest house is beautiful we would not consider staying anywhere else when visiting the beautiful Liverpool.

Room Tip: there are no tips to choosing a room they are all excellent, large rooms with very comfortable beds...