“Lovely place”

and 1 more site!
Birches Guest Lodge
Ranked #3 of 6 Portadown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 June 2013

I have only one complain, I booked my room with the bathtub and I had a room with the shower. The rest of the stay was perfect, great breakfast, great staff. All of them have been very charming and nice.i Had very good days here.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Luca G

Reviewed 7 March 2013

A repeat visit - love this place. Love being able to arrive, pick up keys and get in with no fuss. Rooms are the best equipped I have ever been in. Being able to bring our own food and be able to access plates, fridge etc is an unusual find. There was even a small table in the room to set up for our meal. Our room had a jacuzzi bath and opened out onto a patio at the back. Its a well planned and well thought out establishment. A special mention for the Chinese Ulster Fry!! Did I say we love this place??

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wgard
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This was, without doubt, THE best guesthouse I have ever stayed in. I landed at the Birches Guest Lodge at 6pm, having been on the road since 6.30am, and was greeted with a fabulous room, complete with everything I could possibly need. Ironing board and iron, hairdryer, body lotion in the bathroom, bottled water, a teapot, and even chocolate chip cookies!! The house is so peaceful, despite being just off the M1 motorway, and I slept like a baby. Breakfast in the morning was lovely, and the finishing touches really mark this house apart - the bread for toasting is packed in individual plastic bags to keep it fresh, there is a coffee machine and a kettle for tea, with the water for the kettle in a cooled glass jug. I cannot recommend this place highly enough, and will definitely be back. Many thanks to Sam and all the crew at the Birches!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2012

When we pulled up to this B&B, I thought it was super cute! We had gotten there later in the evening but I had no problem getting our keys and getting settled in. The room wasn't very big, but it was clean and cozy. The bathroom was small but definitely not too small. The shower was tall and the decor was surprisingly sophisticated. The complimentary water was also greatly appreciated! We also had no problems with the WiFi in our room.

For dinner, the B&B had some suggested restaurants. We drove into town and ate at Zio and enjoyed it very much. The breakfast in the morning was very good as well. I would definitely recommend staying here!

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Stayed here for a weekend in June, wasn't sure about going somewhere so out of the way but certainly didn't regret choosing here. The house is beautiful and well designed. We were in a downstairs room with a jacuzzi bath and french doors leading to an outside sitting area (not that we got much chance to sit out with our weather!), every little detail had been thought of in the room. Room was quiet, no noise from other guests. Breakfast in the morning was first class, hot choices were a pleasant surprise. Being able to access the dining room facilites during the day was so an unexpected bonus. Staff were perfect, helpful when required and left you alone when not. Mary the owner was a pleasure to meet. We loved staying here and both slept better than we had in ages. We were gutted when we tried to book again in August and it was full. I couldn't say enough good things about the Birches, don't hesitate to book here. You might get somewhere else slightly cheaper but you just couldn't compare.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wgard
Reviewed 16 May 2012

What a delightful place to stay - off the beaten track although still within easy reach of Portadown and really close to the motorway so great for anyone travelling - this place is a real gem. We stayed here for two nights last week on a short break to Ireland to take a trip down memory lane with my Mum and Dad. The Beeches has everything you need - great rooms which are simply but tastefully furnished, wonderful bathroom and they also provide those little extras like water and chocolate biscuits. The breakfasts were great with a good number of choices. Mary and her team were very welcoming and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Beeches to anyone and would certainly stay here again .

Room Tip: The rooms at the back of the house on the ground floor look out over the fields