“SUPER STAFF”
Review of Seagoe Hotel

Seagoe Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Portadown
Reviewed 10 April 2011

Thankyou for a lovely stay at your hotel. Your staff are a credit to you, all very polite, no request too much trouble which enhanced our stay and added to the enjoyment of our surroundings,

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 March 2011

We stayed for one night as we were attending a family wedding and I was very happy with our experience. We ate in the bar and the service was quick and friendly and the food was lovely and great value. We were apprehesive about staying here based on the previous reviews but had no need to worry and would be glad to stay again!

Thanks for a lovely wee break!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2011

Decided to stop over in Portadown on the spur of the moment thing! I found that there were very few places to choose from and nothing in the centre of the town.

The first Hotel i found was the Carngrove which frightened the life out of me! The Carngrove Hotel was cold, run down and very creepy! It would be quite a good location to shoot a N.Ireland version of Psycho using the Carngrove as the Bates Motel! I got into the car and fled and was glad to reach the warm and welcoming Seagoe Hotel!

The bedroom was large and spacious with everything i needed.

The Hotel has two nice bar areas and i enjoyed having a few drinks welcomed by Owen the barman who was friendly and helpful. In fact all the staff were friendly!

I especially enjoyed my "deep fried squid" starter in the cosy dining room which was very tastefully decorated!

Wanted to stay another night but alas had to leave but i would like to stay again the next time i am in Portadown!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank NIreland77
Reviewed 20 February 2011

This stay was 10x better than my last, not only was the food delicious the rooms were clean & tidy and the service was impeccable. I recently heard that the old owners who started it up have took it over again and I have to give them credit they have done an excellent job. You couldn't complain about the staff at all and the food was gorgeous. I'm vegetarian so I for my starter I had stuffed mushrooms which were delicious and beautifully presented. My main was lovely and my desert was incredible. I travel a lot and have tried a lot of sticky toffee pudding but it was just phenomenal. The rooms were clean and tidy and to be honest I have no complaints at all. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed 9 February 2011

The Seagoe hotel may have been poor in the past but when I stopped the food was good and the room was fine . It is not a £85 a night hotel more £70 ish , If your on a business trip I would say that it is best option in the area

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 February 2011

Friends of ours had booked the honeymoon suite for our wedding night as a gift... what a disaster for them... Firstly they arrived to decorate the room and to leave our bags off, they were told they had over booked and were'nt sure what room we were gonna stay in and to leave the balloons, my NOW hubby contacted the manager at our recieption evening to sort things out as it was booked ages ago... after a few words... we were told we will be looked after!!! when we arrived...which was only 11.30pm the staff were not friendly and not smiling, we were shown to our room... which was a bit old dated..had a fusty, smokie smell...the reason my friends had booked the room is they stated they had a jacuzzi bath, so the next morning decided to take a dip...no jucuzzi.... big holes where the buttons were removed!!! into the shower which had no power to..... went down stairs for breakfast was greeted by a grumpy male who could'nt be bothered working let alone serving customers... our breakfast was thrown down to us and he spent the entire time muttering to himself and giving off... once we got ourselves together to check out, i advised the recieptinist of my concerns, she shrugged her shouldersand said sorry!!! not good enough......really did'nt enjoy our stay.. especially as newly weds...

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank markandauds
Reviewed 15 November 2010

Our four day three night stay was marred by several incidents such as the room safe not working on the first night. Shower: unable to alter water temperature. No hotel information in the room. Newspaper ordered on arrival, had to chase up on the first morning, then not delivered for remainder of our stay.
Whilst the food was adequate to good, the wrong sweet was given to us (Chefs error), the bill was not prepared as requested.
Generally catering and cleaning staff were friendly and attentive but I felt lacked management guidance.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sercher77
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portadown
Bannville House Hotel
Newforge House
Newforge House
#1 of 1 in Magheralin
Mourne Country Hotel

Been to Seagoe Hotel? Share your experiences!