“Value for money”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Portadown
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Value for money”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

First time at the Seagoe Hotel Portadown, staff were very nice and nothing was a bother. The room was pretty basic and could do with cheering up but very clean all the same. Food was average and the Bar manager very nice. The downside was the 10.00 per hour charge for late check out and the room was very cold and the hallways were very hot apart from that we got what we paid for .. I have been in much worse i can tell you so id say a good 7 out of 10 for the Seagoe.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed there because family didn't have space for us over Christmas. They eat in the restaurant all the time and love it. We only had breakfast there this time, wasn't great as waiter didn't really listen to what we wanted, but it was huge!! Room was big but only one radiator worked we didn't bother to complain as only there a few days and the radiator near the bed did work so room was warm enough at night. We probably will stay there again, but only because it's convenient.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lucy S
london
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We had a pre Xmas family lunch at the Avanti restaurant last Sunday
Great portions , servings , surroundings and very good value for money
Much better than the carvery
I would definitely return when visiting relatives again

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
london
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Arrived for work, the main reception area, bar & restaurant look presentable and the decor in the bar and restaurant is good. Receptionists friendly. Room
was huge but dated & in need of a refresh. One of the radiators didnt work so I went to reception where a different male receptionist handed me a electric heater across the top of the counter and said to mind my hands as it was still hot. Ha ha it made me laugh it was so funny trying to carry a hot heater. Went to eat ok the restaurant waitress's very attentive I was expecting a great meal as the prices were that of a good restaurant. I ordered a salad with mango mayo, the sauce was yum but literally saturated in it I didn't complain as was hungry and it was edible. I then had an omelette asked for cheese and tomato what I got was an omelette with cauliflower, asparagus, carrot, broccoli, caramelised mushroom, sweetcorn, cheese and tomato. The side salad had uncooked rice in. It took 25 minutes to catch the waitress pointed out the omelette was not appealing both her and her colleague agreed and replaced. Food was awful. What was more Annoying is they charged me for both and only realised after I had left. I probably would stay again if the food had been acceptable. They didnt even ask how my stay was!

• Stayed November 2013
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2013

First time at the Seagoe and was made very welcome from the onset.
Rooms are excellent and all staff are friendly and nothing seems too much trouble.
It was a Monday night, so quiet, and we ate in the bar, but the service was just fine; the surprise was the food. Excellent quality and very good sized portions. If you are very hungry, have a starter, but if you are just hungry, then think twice! I had the sirloin steak which was a good 14oz+ and cooked to perfection. I'll definitely use this hotel again on my next visit to the area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank RodBint
Cookstown, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We have stopped here for lunch now and again in the past and always enjoyed the food. Most recently we called in for a late lunch at around 3 pm. Had just expected sandwiches at that time of day but were given a choice of soups, white onion was gorgeous and a huge bowl. We both had cheesy chilli pitta's ( chilli con carne and melted cheese) which were again beautiful and a real feast. We were really stuffed in fact had we thought the bowls of soup were going to be so huge we would have shared a chilli pitta All the staff we encountered were friendly and attentive. Hope to return soon for an evening meal.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Visited with friends who treated me to a meal here. Although they were catering for a large wedding, the staff were very welcoming and warned us there may be a wait of 30 minutes or so. We each had a main course and a dessert. All food was excellent and cooked to perfection. I would recommend this venue for a lovely meal. We did not stay at the hotel...just had a meal there.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jo M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portadown
Bannville House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Magheralin
Canal Court Hotel & Spa
Mourne Country Hotel
Tullylagan Country House Hotel

Been to Seagoe Hotel? Share your experiences!