“A lovely stay”
Review of Seagoe Hotel

Seagoe Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Portadown
Reviewed 29 March 2014

My parents won a voucher for them to spend a Saturday night at this hotel along with Sunday Carvery. My husband and myself and my two brothers also went over my Dad's birthday.
Check in was efficient.
The rooms were a bit of a walk to get to but the rooms were clean and a good size. I do have to say that the decor is a bit dated.
It was nice for us to have an adjoining door so that my brothers had their own twin room and we had our own double room but we had access to them and they to us.
The bar and lounge areas were lovely, more modern than the upstairs of the hotel.
Another issue we did have, was that when we returned from being out for dinner we were not able to get parked in the carpark because there was a couple of events on and we had to park quite a distance up the road and with it raining we got soaked getting back to the hotel. There should be some sort of car parking corded off for guests who are staying in the hotel overnight.
Breakfast was lovely, and The Sunday Carvery was great, such a great selection and staff service was great.
We will definitely return to this hotel and my parents, my brothers and ourselves really enjoyed our time there.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 March 2014

this place is great , nice big rooms with all mod cons , free wifi , toiletries etc.
the beds are huge and very comfortable

the staff I find very helpful and friendly, the receptionist Thomas was especially helpful this trip sorting me out with decaf coffee when ever I asked one in the room

amazing breakfast , huge choice and huge portions !

I will be back ....

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank phil a
Reviewed 27 January 2014

First time at the Seagoe Hotel Portadown, staff were very nice and nothing was a bother. The room was pretty basic and could do with cheering up but very clean all the same. Food was average and the Bar manager very nice. The downside was the 10.00 per hour charge for late check out and the room was very cold and the hallways were very hot apart from that we got what we paid for .. I have been in much worse i can tell you so id say a good 7 out of 10 for the Seagoe.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed there because family didn't have space for us over Christmas. They eat in the restaurant all the time and love it. We only had breakfast there this time, wasn't great as waiter didn't really listen to what we wanted, but it was huge!! Room was big but only one radiator worked we didn't bother to complain as only there a few days and the radiator near the bed did work so room was warm enough at night. We probably will stay there again, but only because it's convenient.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lucy S
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We had a pre Xmas family lunch at the Avanti restaurant last Sunday
Great portions , servings , surroundings and very good value for money
Much better than the carvery
I would definitely return when visiting relatives again

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Arrived for work, the main reception area, bar & restaurant look presentable and the decor in the bar and restaurant is good. Receptionists friendly. Room
was huge but dated & in need of a refresh. One of the radiators didnt work so I went to reception where a different male receptionist handed me a electric heater across the top of the counter and said to mind my hands as it was still hot. Ha ha it made me laugh it was so funny trying to carry a hot heater. Went to eat ok the restaurant waitress's very attentive I was expecting a great meal as the prices were that of a good restaurant. I ordered a salad with mango mayo, the sauce was yum but literally saturated in it I didn't complain as was hungry and it was edible. I then had an omelette asked for cheese and tomato what I got was an omelette with cauliflower, asparagus, carrot, broccoli, caramelised mushroom, sweetcorn, cheese and tomato. The side salad had uncooked rice in. It took 25 minutes to catch the waitress pointed out the omelette was not appealing both her and her colleague agreed and replaced. Food was awful. What was more Annoying is they charged me for both and only realised after I had left. I probably would stay again if the food had been acceptable. They didnt even ask how my stay was!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 17 November 2013

First time at the Seagoe and was made very welcome from the onset.
Rooms are excellent and all staff are friendly and nothing seems too much trouble.
It was a Monday night, so quiet, and we ate in the bar, but the service was just fine; the surprise was the food. Excellent quality and very good sized portions. If you are very hungry, have a starter, but if you are just hungry, then think twice! I had the sirloin steak which was a good 14oz+ and cooked to perfection. I'll definitely use this hotel again on my next visit to the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RodBint
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portadown
Armagh City Hotel
#1 of 2 in Armagh
Belmont Hotel
#3 of 3 in Banbridge
Golden Mile
The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast
Newforge House
#1 of 1 in Magheralin

Been to Seagoe Hotel? Share your experiences!