Seagoe Hotel
TripAdvisor
Priceline
TripAdvisor
All reviewsamazing breakfastexcellent qualityrooms are nicewould stay againsunday carverycoffee barkeep up the good workcooked to perfectionbar stafffood was lovelysecond to nonemealcraigavonfryyesterdayhospitalfunction
Reviewed 25 June 2009

I had what was really a fabulous large room complete with a large seating area. The only problem really was that the settee completely collapsed when I sat on it. Fortunately for me (no longer a spring chicken) I was not alone in the room at the time otherwise I might have spent a very uncomfortable night stuck there! Another llittle problem with the room is that there was no power point beside the hospitality tray!!! Another problem was that one was unable to watch TV from bed bcause it was fitted in to a unit in the seating area! I was attending a wedding and I have to say that it was very well done including an excellent meal. The hotel itself is really very nice indeed but I for one will not return until the very worn unsafe carpets are repaired/replaced. There is a beautiful marble stairway complete with very badly worn and dangerous carpet.. I wrote to them regarding my concerns and two months later have still not had a reply which doesn't exactly show the management in good light! When the carpets have been replace/relaid throughout, I would return and would have no hesitation in recommentding the hotel!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Margot
Reviewed 28 March 2009

What a difference a year makes - the new owners of this hotel have obviously decided to run this hotel until the furnishings fall apart.
This was a new build and the original owners spent a fortune on carpets and furnishings and the hotel really looked the part.
How disapointing to see shabby - worn carpets - seating in the bar area that quite frankly looked greasy-dirty and worn - no excuse for this.
The bar food was like something a 12 year old would have produced oven chips and a few overcooked strips of fish deep fried - so unlike the old Seagoe!
Come on Seagoe you can do better - no good living off past glories - get the place refurbished and get your food sorted - just because you have no competition in the area
is not an excuse for not trying and while Im at it - get your day time reception staff a course of how to smile and be pleasant - remember first impressions do count!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank Hermissa
Reviewed 17 February 2009

Stayed here for a night in Feb 2009 on business. When arrived was told that they had lost my booking and were fully booked, however they managed to find me a room (which was huge). Very clean and well laid out bedroom, bar food was great and the staff couldn't do enough to help.

Would highly recommend as a business stop over.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Shaftlewis
Reviewed 7 October 2008

We spent three lovely nights at this wonderful Hotel. We were part of a large gruop of people attending a wedding in Lurgan and had to go ahead with the Bride & Groom's arrangements. But after reading some of the reviews that had been posted we were a wee bit worried about what we would find on our arrival. We found the hotel to be very clean and the staff to be very friendly and attentive to all our needs. The breakfast and evening meals we had at the hotel were very tasty and filling. Although the reviews do help, my wife and I don't always take a lot of notice of some of the trivial complaints that some people make. All of the company that we were in had a fantastic weekend and nothing was too much for the staff. We'll be back !!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank BG
Reviewed 19 August 2008

Stayed at the Seagoe for 2 nights while attending a "family get-together". Checked in before our room was ready, Joe at reception was lovely and very cheery (the rest of the reception staff came across as if they couldn't be bothered). We went out with family for the day and did not return to the hotel till much later that night. When we entered the room, we noticed that the hospitality tray was rather bare with empty biscuit wrappers on it. We decided not to use the tea or coffee facilities in case the cups etc had not been washed. The worst was yet to come.... the bathroom did not look as if it had been cleaned and the toilet was disgusting (very similar scenario to a review left at an earlier date) We refused to use the loo and as it was late at night, we told Joe at reception about it the next morning. (he was very apologetic and said he would get it sorted)
The bathroom was cleaned by the next time we went back to the room, but only 1 set of towels were left for 2 of us.
Room was spacious but we were positioned directly opposite from the room they kept the laundry and it seemed to have a "funny" smell.
Breakfast might have been ok if we had been up for the breakfast room opening! It was totally dried up by 9.45 am.
Glad we only stayed for 2 nights.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends