“reall bad experience”
Review of Seagoe Hotel

Seagoe Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Portadown
Reviewed 18 August 2010

my daughters wedding was last month I noticed so many really bad mistakes in service firstlly service staff stood in room during speeches when they should enter after grace , secondly wine was not collered or sreved as you would expect at a wedding but served restaurant style. one team instead of two served the top table. then I noticed the bottom of the room being served before the top I asked why and was told they were trying out different ways .Service was slow and broken, I noticed black bar trays were being used to lift side plates . I never saw anything more amature than the whole service , I suggest you contact a proper hotel and ask ther advice on silver service as obviously the seagoe no longer has the experience it used to have and it shows right through the whole hotel .We have dealt with 5 different wedding co ordinators over 20 months since the wedding was booked , my son son was married there four years ago and it was one of the best hotels to have a wedding in.How has it dropped so badly?

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cassiiejo

Reviewed 3 July 2010

do not stay here if you want to sleep in after 8.30 in the morning. cleaning staff go around and keep knocking doors to make sure you get up.go down and complain and they will tellyou that this happens in other hotels too.so much for good customer service.
management disappear and other staff dont know where they are.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2010

My husband and I had planned a nice peaceful lunch somewhere special and choose the Seagoe - Never again!
First of all my husband order a bottle of Stella Beer which got brought to our table with a glass of ice?? I asked for a coke which had to be returned becasue it was flat and tasted off I asked for water instead.
We decided to go for a nice Turkey & Ham dinner as it was a 'Special' on that day, there was nothing special about it, it arrived .......a tiny portion of champ, a little stuffing on top, 1/2 slice of ham and 1 miserable slice of Turkey on top of that, all covered in gravy for too much gravy, when the waitress asked can I get you anything else I replied 'yes the vege please' which she replied 'Oh you have to order vege as an extra and pay for it as a side portion of almost £4!!! The food was reather cold and my 3 year old could have eaten more...all this for a price of £7.95 each. Paying this amount for a Turkey you'd expect a Hotel to put some vege on the plate. service very slow as well, we waited almost 20-25 mins for this mousetrap!! Never again am I giving my time and money to the Seagoe. AVOID AVOID!

Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nkonko
Reviewed 14 June 2010

We had booked a table in the restaurant.Frist the waiter spolled one of the drinks over my friend and myself,then he replaced the drink with a glass of water and had to be told that it was wrong.They brought out atwo side orders of chips instead of champ and these had to be sent back.
Upon going to pay for the meal i asked to speak to some one in change,seemly after waiting and watching the girl run around in circles no one could be found.I was then given a five pound refund of the total cost.Upon going outside it was discovered that the waitress had managed to drip pepered sauce over my dress.
We will not be going back in a hurry.

• Stayed: June 2010
1  Thank CraigavonBonny
Reviewed 26 May 2010

Wasnt expecting to much from this hotel after reading the reviews but myself and partner dont have a bad word to say about it!! Room was spacious and spotless, ok the decor is a bit dated but why that would bother anyone is beyond me. Bathroom again was massive with jaccuzzi bath n big shower :) lobby, bar and restaurant are all newly refurbished and really lovely, Dinner was absolutely gorgeous, compliments to the chef where definately in order. Staff were so friendly, they couldnt do enough for us.will definately be back

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2010

I stayed despite some of the reviews because it was convenient and there are not too many alternatives in the area. What a mistake! The public areas look OK but service and food in the restaurant was average to below average. The room was large but furnishings tired. The armchair had a dirty cushion (both sides) and I put a towel over it before daring to sit on it. I would normally ask to change rooms but it was already late evening and I was too tired to want the hassle. The plumbing was very noisy and water came out in violent spurts. Next morning I found the shower curtain was the dirtiest (black mould) I have seen in 20+ years of worldwide business travel. The worst aspect is that the staff do not care and do not want to address problems. Managers went into hiding when I asked to speak to one. I gave up waiting after 20 minutes waiting for the manager who "would be here in a moment". When I rang later it took ages to get through and the manager said she had not been informed about my complaint but the room had been inspected and there was nothing wrong with it (?!?). The invoice was not a proper VAT invoice which I need for my expenses records and although they promised to send one it never arrived. Never again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Rob_from_Derby
Reviewed 8 March 2010

We live locally and my husband and I called into the refurbished bar for a drink. Hubby had a pint I had a cappucino. So far so good. i then decided to have a Cafe Royale. The bar maid didnt know what it was. We explained the same as an irish coffee ,but with brandy instead of whiskey. She disappeared to the kitchen to get cream. Fifteen minutes later she arrived back -no cream !(strange in a hotel kitchen ---what do they use for desserts). So we asked for a Croft Original sherry. This time she had to go to the other bar for it. Fifteen minutes later (we timed it) and she hadnt returned. We left.
This is the second time we have been in the hotel recently .The last time service was appaling and they served my mother in law a sherry in a wine glass.
Although the hotel has been tastefully refurbished ,it is ruined because it is very evident the staff are not correctly trained.
C'mon owners---Portadown deserves more than this !!!
We will not be back .

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank winebuff14
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portadown
Bannville House Hotel
Newforge House
Newforge House
#1 of 1 in Magheralin
Mourne Country Hotel

Been to Seagoe Hotel? Share your experiences!