“Dissappointing, to say the least, and embarrassing for my visitors”
Review of Seagoe Hotel

Seagoe Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Portadown
Reviewed 6 September 2010

The hotel bedrooms are tired and worn and need urgent maintenance. In the double room were I was staying, there were the following faults: Two lights in the bathroom were faulty, I could nt use the bath as both taps would not turn, the shaver socket was broken, and the automatic sink plug would not work. In the main bedroom another light was faulty, the curtains would not draw properly and it was an old style (chunky TV). Breakfast was as bad, half cooked toast, cold bacon and eggs, and tepid milk instead of cold milk for cereal.
Overall it was terrible, and very dissappointing. My advice go elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank MMMFOREVER

Reviewed 31 August 2010

I stayed at the Seagoe recently for just one night with all expenses paid for by our hosts.
As always, first impressions count. The receptionist was not the cheeriest person I've ever seen, must have been near to the end of her shift!
My room was OK if a bit dated and grubby. The arms on the armchair were black and worn. The bed size was meant to impress which it did, what didn't impress was the hardness! It was like lying on a board. You could actually see the mattress through the bottom sheet - didn't get a very good nights sleep what with plumbing noises from other rooms. Plus point was absolutely no noise from outside. The bathroom could do with a revamp - old and tatty. The food in the restaurant was supurb with excellent service.
Disappointed with the service in the morning, after breakfast we were staring at dirty plates for ages, the waitress just kept walking past, in the end I had to ask her to clear our table, not good enough!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 August 2010

I stayed in the Seagoe for one night with my husband and had a large family dinner in the restaurant that night. The outside of the hotel, lobby, restaurant and bar were very upmarket, posh looking and luxurious, the hotel rooms unfortunately dont quite match. Our room was average looking in comparison, no hot water except in the morning, not overly luxurious at all.
The dinner in the restaurant wasnt great either, many peoples food was cold or luke warm, tiny portions, expensive when meals dont come with any sides, eg the steak (which was over £20) came literally on its own, no veg with it, nothing, so you`ve to pay for anything extra. It was also very warm that night and the restaurant didnt have air con.
I wouldnt rush to stay there again or to dine there again to be honest.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2010

my daughters wedding was last month I noticed so many really bad mistakes in service firstlly service staff stood in room during speeches when they should enter after grace , secondly wine was not collered or sreved as you would expect at a wedding but served restaurant style. one team instead of two served the top table. then I noticed the bottom of the room being served before the top I asked why and was told they were trying out different ways .Service was slow and broken, I noticed black bar trays were being used to lift side plates . I never saw anything more amature than the whole service , I suggest you contact a proper hotel and ask ther advice on silver service as obviously the seagoe no longer has the experience it used to have and it shows right through the whole hotel .We have dealt with 5 different wedding co ordinators over 20 months since the wedding was booked , my son son was married there four years ago and it was one of the best hotels to have a wedding in.How has it dropped so badly?

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cassiiejo
Reviewed 3 July 2010

do not stay here if you want to sleep in after 8.30 in the morning. cleaning staff go around and keep knocking doors to make sure you get up.go down and complain and they will tellyou that this happens in other hotels too.so much for good customer service.
management disappear and other staff dont know where they are.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2010

My husband and I had planned a nice peaceful lunch somewhere special and choose the Seagoe - Never again!
First of all my husband order a bottle of Stella Beer which got brought to our table with a glass of ice?? I asked for a coke which had to be returned becasue it was flat and tasted off I asked for water instead.
We decided to go for a nice Turkey & Ham dinner as it was a 'Special' on that day, there was nothing special about it, it arrived .......a tiny portion of champ, a little stuffing on top, 1/2 slice of ham and 1 miserable slice of Turkey on top of that, all covered in gravy for too much gravy, when the waitress asked can I get you anything else I replied 'yes the vege please' which she replied 'Oh you have to order vege as an extra and pay for it as a side portion of almost £4!!! The food was reather cold and my 3 year old could have eaten more...all this for a price of £7.95 each. Paying this amount for a Turkey you'd expect a Hotel to put some vege on the plate. service very slow as well, we waited almost 20-25 mins for this mousetrap!! Never again am I giving my time and money to the Seagoe. AVOID AVOID!

Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nkonko
Reviewed 14 June 2010

We had booked a table in the restaurant.Frist the waiter spolled one of the drinks over my friend and myself,then he replaced the drink with a glass of water and had to be told that it was wrong.They brought out atwo side orders of chips instead of champ and these had to be sent back.
Upon going to pay for the meal i asked to speak to some one in change,seemly after waiting and watching the girl run around in circles no one could be found.I was then given a five pound refund of the total cost.Upon going outside it was discovered that the waitress had managed to drip pepered sauce over my dress.
We will not be going back in a hurry.

• Stayed: June 2010
1  Thank CraigavonBonny
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portadown
Belmont Hotel
#3 of 3 in Banbridge
Armagh City Hotel
#1 of 2 in Armagh
Golden Mile
The Fitzwilliam Hotel Belfast
Charlemont House
#2 of 6 in Dungannon

Been to Seagoe Hotel? Share your experiences!