“It's OK”
Review of Seagoe Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Portadown
Seagoe Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Portadown
Windermere, United Kingdom
“It's OK”
Reviewed 9 February 2011

The Seagoe hotel may have been poor in the past but when I stopped the food was good and the room was fine . It is not a £85 a night hotel more £70 ish , If your on a business trip I would say that it is best option in the area

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
lurgan
Reviewed 4 February 2011

Friends of ours had booked the honeymoon suite for our wedding night as a gift... what a disaster for them... Firstly they arrived to decorate the room and to leave our bags off, they were told they had over booked and were'nt sure what room we were gonna stay in and to leave the balloons, my NOW hubby contacted the manager at our recieption evening to sort things out as it was booked ages ago... after a few words... we were told we will be looked after!!! when we arrived...which was only 11.30pm the staff were not friendly and not smiling, we were shown to our room... which was a bit old dated..had a fusty, smokie smell...the reason my friends had booked the room is they stated they had a jacuzzi bath, so the next morning decided to take a dip...no jucuzzi.... big holes where the buttons were removed!!! into the shower which had no power to..... went down stairs for breakfast was greeted by a grumpy male who could'nt be bothered working let alone serving customers... our breakfast was thrown down to us and he spent the entire time muttering to himself and giving off... once we got ourselves together to check out, i advised the recieptinist of my concerns, she shrugged her shouldersand said sorry!!! not good enough......really did'nt enjoy our stay.. especially as newly weds...

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank markandauds

Travellers are raving about these Portadown hotels

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 November 2010

Our four day three night stay was marred by several incidents such as the room safe not working on the first night. Shower: unable to alter water temperature. No hotel information in the room. Newspaper ordered on arrival, had to chase up on the first morning, then not delivered for remainder of our stay.
Whilst the food was adequate to good, the wrong sweet was given to us (Chefs error), the bill was not prepared as requested.
Generally catering and cleaning staff were friendly and attentive but I felt lacked management guidance.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sercher77
northern ireland
Reviewed 27 September 2010

my daughter had her wedding there in may which i have no complaints about. The one thing I would urge people to be aware of is rooms being charged to your credit card. I was overcharged on my credit card for a room on the sun night which no one stayed in.
After numerous phone calls and promises that it would be credited back to my card needless to say it still hasnt been done. I have been passed from person to person who take my details everytime and promise that it will be sorted out there and that someone will phone me back (Im still waiting).

Seagoe need to get their act together and begin by sending staff on a course on how to deal with the public. There are much better hotels out there and I would advise people to look elsewhere before using the seagoe.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank rock092
Kent, UK
Reviewed 26 September 2010

This is probably our fourth visit, staying at the Seagoe when visiting family locally. The family rooms are an interconnecting double and twin room and very spacious. I made use of the Wifi for the first time there and, after an initial problem that the staff assisted with (and refunded my first payment), it was problem-free - and very useful. I understand the hotel has changed hands again recently. We noticed some sprucing up around reception (notably the large staircase looked less tatty) and the bar area. The rooms are much as ever - nice size, large beds and peaceful, but the bathrooms could do with a little updating.

We didn't eat there in the evening but breakfasts were fine and the waiting staff, as with all the staff, were very welcoming and helpful. The one real glitch we had was making the original booking. I was flexible on dates around a weekend but was firmly told that there was a wedding and all family rooms were taken. On further enquiry, it was only the Friday night that was full, so we delayed our trip by a day. It's not the first time that I've had trouble booking - I sometimes wonder whether the focus is solely on weddings, but once there, our stay was fine, as usual.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
n.ireland
Reviewed 16 September 2010

Returned out of curiosity after sisters wedding fiasco,no suprise that nothing has changed grumpy faces in familiar places with stinking food to match rubys fajitas more like rubys msg filled wrap.msg stands for mono sodium glutimate a food flavouring enhancer that makes you feel bloated and lethargic after consuming it.my partner ordered steak with chips asked for medium rare came out with lots of hair included for free must be making up for the sides you have to pay ridiculous prices for the steak itself was window breaking material well done to that extreme.as the great man gordon ramsey says shut it down turn it off kitchen closed this place should follow suit a real nothern ireland kitchen nightmare avoid at all costs....dessert any1????

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank froggataz
Reviewed 6 September 2010

Very poor welcome from sour face receptionist
Beds need renewed absolute rock hard had a shockin sleep
More staff at breakfast as one guy was cooking, taking orders & serving all on his own felt sorry for him

• Stayed September 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portadown
Bannville House Hotel
Bannview Luxury Accommodation
Cherryville House
Cherryville House
#2 of 6 in Portadown

Been to Seagoe Hotel? Share your experiences!