“A GREAT BASE TO EXPLORE NORTHERN IRELAND”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Portadown
Redbrick Country Guesthouse
Ranked #1 of 6 Portadown B&B and Inns
Stafford, United Kingdom
“A GREAT BASE TO EXPLORE NORTHERN IRELAND”
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Stayed 4th May until 7th May 2012 (for Tandragee motorcycle racing and north coast tour).
All I can say is I was blown away by the welcome and hospitality offered by Moreen.
Upon my arrival at Redbrick (which I believe is a one level bungalow and better suited for the disabled or infirm), I was treated to a homely cuppa, cake, biscuits and a chat before being taken to Greyables where I was staying, (both guesthouses are are next to each other and are set in beautiful quiet countryside). Please note that Moreen has had signage erected locally that will aid your approach from the main Dungannon road & Derrycarne road etc. Although my sat-nav did get me into the correct lane, I found it better to have seen the photos so that I new which house I was looking for, although Moreen is only a phone call away to guide you in !
Moreen had previously agreed for me to park my motorcycle in the double garage at Greygables which proved immensely helpful due to the inclement weather that weekend, (Moreen even assisted by letting me have some cleaning equipment so I could keep my bike looking at it's best for my planned 'Grand Tour' on the Sunday !).
Moreen cooked breakfast at the pre-arranged time which consisted of full Engli.....sorry Irish breakfast, toast and a lovely pot of tea, (cereal was also offered but the cooked option was all I needed !).
The room I was allocated was very comfortable with large en suite bathroom, kept very warm and cosy and cleaned with fresh towels left daily.
I have promised Moreen that I will return for further visits in order that my family can enjoy not only Moreen's but the Irish hospitality in general, as during my stay I had the pleasure of meeting many locals that were all too willing to spare their time to ensure I had a great stay.
As an aside, Moreen recommended 'EDEN CABS' (which would cost approx £4.50 each way to Portadown as I didn't want to ride into town on the bike as I wanted to dress 'normally' for my meals out), The cab driver going in told me about 'JOE MAC's' restaurant and bar, (down an alley off the main high street - ring 028 3839 3387 for the restaurant) and this proved a very nice meal, with some entertainment starting about 10pm on the Friday night. On my return from Joe Mac's, the cab driver was so enthusiastic about my 'Grand Tour' on my bike the next day, that he pulled over and took a map out of the glovebox whereby he showed me all the hidden gems that I was to visit as I rode around the 'Causeway Coastal Route', which I duly did !
All in all I have many lasting memories and can thoroughly recommend this area of Northern Ireland to base yourself for exploring and especially Redbrick & Grey Gables guesthouses.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Motorcycle_Man_01

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Portadown, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I stayed in the red brick country guest house back in January as my partner died and he was buried back in his own town Portadown. And nothing was to much trouble for the lovely host Moreen she knew just how I was feeling and she helped me a great deal. I had not stay in the red brick country guest house before but I had stay in the grey gables and when I decided to come back in April I was so please to be staying again in the red brick country guest house as it is home from home. The lovely hostess Moreen just gets more lovely every time I can say that I will defintely be back.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Christchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2012

The peace and traquility of the area and the comforts Moreen ensures for her guests made this the most memorable few days we have spent. We were so comfortable - how Moreen takes everything in her stride is amazing - what a 'wonder-woman' - nothing it seems is too much trouble.

Room Tip: The hot water in our room was a little slow in coming through. Watch out for the middle leg on the...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Harveys290
Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I have No Hesitation In recommending Redbrick country guesthouse
Moreen has done a fantastic job of making you feel welcome in a very clean pleasant guesthouse

I have been working in portadown for approx four months now and spending two weeks at time at redbrick

You will not find such a charming personable and friendly hostess within a hundred miles of here and the accommodation is better by far than most of the local hotels.

Give it a try and you will understand why redbrick is so highly thought of.

Joe

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Divemaster6961
Limavady, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Grey Gables was literally perfect for the one night stay with our grandson who was playing football on both Friday and Saturday with it being half-term. Warmly welcomed by Moreen late on Friday afternoon, we were given the run of the house with our bedroom, a downstairs sitting room and a fully-equipped kitchen where we could make tea - or more if we had wanted. The room was perfect for our need with a double and a single plus another single, if required, in the dressing room on the way to the large bathroom. The bedroom itself was large and bright with a sofa and a table and chairs in addition to the beds and it was very pleasantly warm on a cold winter's day. Due to a late change meaning a much earlier start for our grandson's football on Saturday morning we had to revise the arrangement for our breakfast time to before 8am - but that was no difficulty for Moreen! A sumptuous breakfast set us up for the day - it has been a while since we enjoyed such a filling and delicious breakfast, Grey Gables is worth a visit for that alone! We chatted with Moreen as she cooked and we ate and whilst it is always nice to stay in a comfortable B&B, it's pleasant when the owner has time for you and takes an interest in your visit. Moreen helps to make Grey Gables what it is. If you're looking for a 'buzz' and a 'social' element to your stay in Portadown then go somewhere else! But if you want a quiet rural setting, plenty of space, a comfortable, warm and welcoming place to stay, a great breakfast freshly cooked and a host who will do whatever she can to make your visit memorable then Grey Gables is the place to go! Grey Gables gave us everything we required - albeit we only only stayed for one night - and we have resolved that when we need a similar arrangement in the future we will not have to think about anywhere else. We would highly recommend it to anyone looking to stay in the Portadown area

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank xrfcjohn
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2012

We were welcomed by Moreen at Grey Gables. Our two night stay was a pure pleasure.The Location was so peaceful with great views from all sides. The rooms were extremely large yet welcoming. The whole place was immaculate, and we were made to feel right at home. The Breakfasts were amazing and arrived at a time to suit us. Moreen made us feel like we were friends rather than guests. We will certainly be returning every chance we get and have already recommended the Guest House to family and friends that visit Portadown!

Thanks a million Moreen!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank junkhed
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Stayed at the Grey Gables when visiting famiy in Portadown, what a pleasure, nothing was too much bother. We have stayed all over Northern Ireland over the years including some large hotel groups and have to say this was up there with the best although on a more personal note which for us was priceless, so much so we have booked in for a further 2 trips in the new year when we are visiting family. Breakfast was lovely and if anything too much, although Moreen asked what we would like and again nothing was too much bother. Very wellcoming and looking forward to returning.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Caroline R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portadown
Bannville House Hotel
#3 of 6 in Portadown
Lismaine Cottage
Lismaine Cottage
#1 of 1 in Magheralin

Been to Redbrick Country Guesthouse? Share your experiences!