“Staying at wonderful Moreen again.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Portadown
Redbrick Country Guesthouse
Ranked #1 of 6 Portadown B&B and Inns
Portadown, United Kingdom
“Staying at wonderful Moreen again.”
Reviewed 8 December 2012 via mobile

Once again I chose to stay with the lovely Moreen this time only for 3 Nights but she was wonderful as ever. And when I left to come home I got a call from Moreen saying I had left my MP3 player behind. But she went out of her way to bring it to me nothing is to much trouble for the lovely Moreen. It may have been cold but Moreen brings nothing but sunshine to your life. I give 10 out of 10 bless her.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed 26 November 2012

Nothing bad to say about this guest house or the proprietor. Quite the opposite. Wonderful house and great service. Highly recommended, and will definitely be coming back in the near future. Thanks Moreen

• Stayed November 2012
Reviewed 14 November 2012

I stayed at Greygables for 7 nights and it was very comfortable, welcoming, homely and the breakfast was simply amazing!

I stay in a different hotel every week all over the UK, as I work away from home and I can easily say that this guesthouse is the best place I have ever stayed!

Moreen is absolutely lovely and she goes out of her way to ensure you have a nice stay - I can not fault her or the guesthouse and I would not hesitate to recommend Redbrick and Greygables.

I will be staying again when I am back in Northern Ireland.

Thank you Moreen - you are a STAR :-)

Alan x

• Stayed November 2012
Lansdale, PA, USA
Reviewed 14 November 2012

We arrived at Moreen's b&b in the evening much later than planned. We were very tired and had decided not to go back out to get dinner, so we asked Moreen if it would be alright to have a cup of tea and some toast. She brought us into the Greygables kitchen, sat us down and proceeded to make tea (or so we thought!). A few minutes later, she returned with two plates of beautifully cooked eggs, beans, toast, tea, and jam. What a lovely thing she did for us that evening; I'll never forget her kindness to us! Our room was lovely, and the bathroom was superb. It had a very large soaking tub --a very welcome treat that evening and the next! She gave us a wonderful breakfast the next morning before we left for the day. Moreen is hospitality plus! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay with her and will return again. The country location was just what the doctor ordered -- quiet, but not too far from the town of Portadown. A truly beautiful location, lovely accommodation and a most delightful hostess! Don't miss this one...

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 1 at Greygables -- the tub was fabulous!!!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Once again we stayed at Greygables and it is as warm and inviting as ever. The rooms are lovely and the bathrooms spacious. The breakfasts were wonderful. Moreen gave us a wonderful welcome and we hope to go and stay there again next year. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 20 October 2012

My wife and I stayed at Grey Gables, located a very short walk down a scenic country lane from Redbrick. Both locations are situated in quiet countryside, but with good access by car or taxi to the nearby town of Portadown. Our room on the top floor of the beautiful house was very spacious, could have slept 4 easily (one bed was located in its own bedroom between the main sleeping area, and the bathroom). Warm and cozy, very bright and cheery. Moreen was fully accommodating with the breakfasts if you wanted the full Ulster fry, or health conscious for those of us wanting toast, coffee, cereal and fruit. Moreen was there to cater to our needs, but also allowed us our privacy, which was much appreciated. All in all a wonderful one week stay, at a very reasonable price. Thank you Moreen.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Newton Aycliffe
Reviewed 29 September 2012

We stayed at Redbrick for 2 nights whilst visiting friends on our way to Castlebar. we received and excellent welcome. We were given a choice of rooms and Tea and buscuits when we came in in the evening. The breakfast was very good and Moreen could not have been more helpfull. Situated on a quiet country lane there are no noise problems yet you are only 5 mins drive into Portadown. As the weather was very good during our stay it did not bother us, in fact it was a pleasent 2 min walk before breakfast, however if there had been heavy rain we would have prefered to stay at Greygables as, during our stay, breakfast was served there and I would not have fancied getting wet before beakfast. Presumably this was because we visited at a quiet time of the year. We will definately stay again the next time we visit Portadown and would recommend Redbrick Country House to anyone looking for a comfortable, no frills, B & B.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portadown
Bannville House Hotel
#3 of 6 in Portadown
Lismaine Cottage
Lismaine Cottage
#1 of 1 in Magheralin

Been to Redbrick Country Guesthouse? Share your experiences!