“Fabulous”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Portadown
Redbrick Country Guesthouse
Ranked #1 of 6 Portadown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We stayed at Grey Gables having researched previous reviews on this site. The location was wonderful-fantastically peaceful & surrounded by green fields yet within easy access of the town, its amenities & major road connections. Moreen was a consummate host and, as others have stated previously, nothing was too much trouble. You can always tell when someone enjoys what they do & that was evident the moment we met Moreen. The rooms were good (our bathroom was very spacious). The decor and layout were pretty faultless. Having travelled from Bristol we were blown away by the welcome, hospitality, location & more than a little bit stunned at the value for money. I can't recommend it highly enough (just don't go telling EVERYONE about this little gem!).

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Goxablin

Reviewed 10 June 2013

We have chosen to use this Guest house every June for the past five years. We have stayed in both the Redbrick and Grey Gables. Maureen is a wonderful lady and makes every part of your stay easy for you and makes you feel very welcome. The beds are very comfy, the rooms are clean and the breakfasts are great!
Thanks again Maureen,
See you next June.

All the best, The London boys

Room Tip: Any, they are all great.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JoeSparks90
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I stayed here for the night while working in the area. Moreen was very welcoming and made me feel at home straight away. She really is a lovely host and was more than happy to help with anything. The property itself (Grey Gables) is beautiful with all the amenities you would need, and the room I stayed in was very clean, comfortable and spacious. The surrounding countryside is magnificent and I immediately clicked out of city mode. Also the breakfast was delicious and it really set me up for the day...I only wish I could have stayed longer than one night and I will definitely stay here again if I return to the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Natalie S
Reviewed 20 May 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a night and found the room spacious, clean and comfortable. The landlady Maureen was very friendly and affable. I would recommend this place very highly for a weekend break. It is only 5/10 mins from Portadown town centre.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Mielsibub
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Great rooms, 3 beds in ours like having a suite, great breakfast, really good host, Moreen.
We stayed in Grey Gables a lovely property, Moreen also Redbrick Guest House up the lane which also looks alovely property. If visiting the are again I will definatley try to book in either if these.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Hi I've been round Ireland many many times over the last 8/9 yrs with my job as a commercial driver in all theses years I have always returned time and time again. Moreen the lady who runs Redbrick country guest house and Gray gables house both excellent places to stay 5star I would say Moreen is very attentive looks after her customers like they are her family there is always a very warm welcome no matter what time you arrive on her doorstep and believe me I've been very late at times there's always a cuppa ready nice big bath tubs in the rooms which I love decor is warm and inviting the beds are very comfortable to. I've been in some of the best hotels in Scotland but never had such a good warm welcome as you will receive here and last but not least you'll get a breakfast to remember every time. Yes Moreen is a 5star lady with a 5star B&B and well worth a visit cheers Moreen.

Room Tip: All rooms are good but 5 & 6 have the big baths
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Dennis R
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I stayed with Moreen for two weeks whilst I was on business in Portadown. I stayed in the Greyhouse where, not only was the accommodation spacious and comfortable, it also gave me the opportunity to cook in the excellent kitchen available. This is crucial as eating out in the local area is not easy!

Moreen is lovely and very flexible with breakfast times - and portion size (for those of us who don't want a huge plate every morning). It was delicious however, and it was a good start to the day.

I can't imagine anyone not being very happy there. I will certainly return if given the opportunity.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business