“Girly adventure weekend”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Portadown
Redbrick Country Guesthouse
Ranked #1 of 6 Portadown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my friend for an international ladies day event. On arrival our host Moreen was very helpful and accommodating. The rooms were very comfortable and my en suite luxurious and with plenty of space. Breakfast was as you liked it. You could have as much or as little as you required. We had some lovely chats with Moreen she is such a down to earth warm woman. I will definitely be booking here again. One really nice touch was the addition of an electric blanket on the bed. Very cosy. Thanks Moreen.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank woteveruwant
There are newer reviews for Redbrick Country Guesthouse

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed here early March with my sister for an interview. On arrival received a warm welcome from Maureen and was greeted with a cup of tea. Room was warm and comfortable, we both had a great sleep, and wifi connection was available. A delicious breakfast was served in Greygables, was hard to beat. Felt very welcome here and even received some tips in preparation for the interview from our great host. Would highly recommend!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 March 2014

My friend and I were attending an outdoor sports event for International Womens' Day, and I booked single, ensuite rooms for us both at Redbrick. Upon arrival, we were redirected to Greygables, another house just a stone's throw away. The proprietor, Moreen, is a genteel, elegant lady and unbelievably accommodating. Absolutely no complaints from us, my lovely friend snores like a little pygmy hippo (she'll kill me !) but I didn't hear one night-time snort either from her room, next door to mine; or indeed from the other clientele, a sweet young Dutch couple with their enchanting, very lively little two-year old daughter. But I regard myself as a very well-organised, seasoned traveller, and always take foam earplugs when I'm staying away from home. In the event I forget to pack them ( as I did on this occasion ), I plug my ears with some cotton wool. Toilet or kitchen roll will even suffice. Simple ! Poor Moreen was so traumatised when she saw Tripadvisor posting of the previous review where lack of heat was a criticism, in her efforts to prevent similar reviews; I found my room was a little too hot for my liking - but I simply turned the radiator down. I really loved the novelty of an electric blanket, I think I might just buy one ..... If I'm ever back in Portadown/ Armagh, I'll book here again. Many thanks, Moreen, and lovely chatting with you x

Room Tip: My friend had a huge ensuite bathroom, ( corner bath and separate power shower cubicle ) it may have...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Myrtle_Beech
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Needed a place to stay in Portadown for a visit with friends. There are very few lodging options there so picked this because was top of the rankings. Little difficult to find but the gps we had could have been a bit outdated. Room was fine but not overwhelming. Breakfast was good and right on time when we had asked for it i order to get back out with our friends. 2 biggest complaints: heat wasn't on when we arrived (late feb trip). We had to figure out the heat ourselves and it took quite a while to warm up. Also, as some other reviews have mentioned, the sound proofing isn't great. I could hear the man across the hall snoring while I was trying to fall asleep.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alporter84
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I stayed at the Redbrick Guest house, Portadown, last week for two nights while on business. The proprietor (Maureen) was very helpful and obliging, firstly preparing food for me very late on the night of my arrival. But then also more than willing to serve my breakfast early the next day as I had a meeting in Belfast, first thing. I found this to be especially kind as I was later informed that she runs the entire guest house single handed!
The room and en-suite were more than comfortable, very clean and pleasant. Couldn't have expected any better for the cost per night - Great value for money.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing a hotel in the area, great location, great value, great food. Its a credit to Maureen. She has definitely found a returning customer in me!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 January 2014

My daughter and I stayed at Grey Gables on 6th,7th and 8th January last. We needed accommodation close to Craigavon Hospital in order to visit a relative. We were so lucky to find Grey Gablles as it was only a 15-minute drive to the hospital. The room was very spacious, clean and bright. There is a lovely kitchen at your disposal to make tea after your arrival. Breakfast was very tasty. Moreen is such a lovely person and so helpful. She gave us a very warm welcome and we had very enjoyable chats after breakfast. We really enjoyed everything about our stay there. We would highly recommend it to anyone needing accommodation in the Portadown area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Roonmgt
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We (husband, kids and parents!) have stayed with Maureen several times as we come from Portadown originally and it is a great base from which to visit family and friends. She is always welcoming and helpful and ready to adapt her excellent breakfasts for vegetarians and fussy children! She has a good seection of rooms, including family rooms, which we find great and having several reception rooms at your disposal, really makes this feel like "your" house. Can't praise it highly enough - just fantastic.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ALIFROMNEWCASTLE
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portadown
Seagoe Hotel
Bannview Luxury Accommodation
Birches Guest Lodge
Birches Guest Lodge
#3 of 6 in Portadown

Been to Redbrick Country Guesthouse? Share your experiences!