“Could be better!”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Could be better!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

In my opinion it was very expensive for entrance £16 for 2 adults 2 kids. Wouldn't mind paying that if you enjoyed yourself. Very run down could do with new cages for birds/budgies etc - the wood was rotting away. A LOT of chickens. There was 3 emus in a small cage could not see them very well. The picnic area was a gazebo with chairs not very appealing for you to sit and eat. The lemurs were good and got very close to them. They had wallabies which were nice to see. A LOT of goats too nice to see but once you've seen one u've seen them all. The reptile house to be fair has some cool animals and the fella was extremely nice and informative and let us hold a lot of the snakes and bullfrog. There was small cages down the back scattered about with rabbits in it. Overall we spent about 30mins here which for the price I wouldn't recommend. (£16 for 30mins) I know they are a family run business but if they could justify the price by putting the money back into the farm to do it up and make it more appealing and even get the grass cut it would be a better experience. Potentially a gold mine if they just invested in better cages and kick of paint!

Visited May 2014

ballyclare
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Go to the zoo instead”
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Where to begin. £13 for 1 adult and 2 children, good value I thought until after seeing all the animals and walking around the "animal park" twice ...I realised we had spent 20 mins there. This place is woeful, if you love you children take them somewhere else.
The website said 100 rare animals ....Hmmmmm I think 95 were chickens.
The most entertaining moment was when my 7 year old spotted a cat trying to catch a starling caught in the chicken coop.
Hopes we're raised on seeing emus but 3 poor emus were locked in a small shed which made me concerned to be honest.
I asked on the way out if they could recommend a soft play centre nearby as it had only taken 15 mins to fully explore the park (I'm excluding the 5 mins spent in the toilet) .. It's not the wee girl on the doors fault so I didn't ask for a refund. I just won't go back....and recommend you give it a miss.

Visited February 2014
4 Thank melissa c
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great little secret of the county”
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

I was looking something to do with my son and found out about this place on Google, I've lived in the area for a number of years now and didn't even know this was here.

The staff are great and very informative, my son loved the way he could touch and hold mpost of the animals and reptiles. I myself liked the variety of animals from your average rabbit to massive emu and huge snakes. Overall I am amazed this place isn't more supported by our council.

Didn't try out the catering facilities but I'm sure they're good

Visited November 2013
1 Thank theJim77
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Awful”
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

Visited the farm on Tuesday and was so disappointed. After ringing the bell for a good ten minutes, the most unfriendly, unwelcoming woman opened the door for us, we didn't get a hello or anything. Nearly died when we were charged £17 to get in, hoping it would be better than it looked from the outside. It wasn't. Thought the farm was really dirty compared to all other farms, would have hated to have a picnic at the picnic area. Would not recommend this to anyone.

6 Thank Joanne M
Portadown, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Get up close with some exciting creatures”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We spent a nice afternoon at CJ's with the children. There was a pic-nic area so we started off there and as it was a nice day that helped. We then started our tour of the animal park and got up close a personal with snakes, spiders etc. We also got close to rabbits etc. There was lots to see and we spent a lovely afternoon and hope to go back again this year for a repeat performance.. We visited in July 2012

Visited September 2012