“Had such high expectations”

Stonebridge Brasserie
Ranked #5 of 41 Restaurants in Portadown
Price range: US$11 - US$29
Cuisines: European, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: A warm welcome. New premises, new website, new look ... Same quality & service! At the Brasserie we're justifiably proud of our local supplier's network which enables us to create innovative menus where quite simply there's something for everyone. Our all day Brasserie menu offers a great variety of popular, seasonal dishes complimented with the main stay carvery lunch and a fantastic new a la carte menu. Whether it's coffee and "Flo's" scones, Lisa's patisserie, a quiet meal for two or a special occasion, let us make it easy for you!
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We visited the restaurant on a Thursday evening at 6 o'clock and had the early bird menu. For starters I had battered mushrooms which were very dry and tasteless, I'm not a fussy eater but there was just nothing nice about them. So after a dreadful starter I was sure the main would make up for it. I had salmon with champ, yes I ate it because I was hungry but the whole dish tasted as though it had been heated up in the microwave Very disappointing

7  Thank Margaret M

Reviewed 5 October 2013

There was at least 24 people in our party , the service was great no one was left waiting for their main course or any course for that matter. The staff were friendly and nothing was too much trouble. As for the food it was excellent - they even sang happy birthday when presenting the cake we brought with us. Great night had by all.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

I see from recent reviews i share this experience of a rude waitress. We arrived brought to a table & given menus, no offer of a drink, we waited for ages & she finally came back and asked were we ready to order, we asked for drinks, drinks were brought, not poured into glasses & thumped on the table & then the waitress barked are you ready to order now!! I felt like walking out!! The food was ok, we didnt hang around for dessert or coffee we were afraid of getting them flung at us! We have spoken to other people & found that the attitude of the waitress crops up, I understand it is a stressful job but there were only a handful of tables in, so needless to say we wont be back.

4  Thank LivesInABubble
Tracy W, Owner at Stonebridge Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Thank you for your recent review and i regret that you had a problem with one of my waitress's but in order for me to deal with this situation i would urge you to contact me directly to discuss this matter further. Feedback is appreciated, good or bad, but i need to have the full facts to deal with this properly. I await your response.

Many thanks

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I'm writing this review now as we have just had a discussion with friends who received just as bad an attitude from the waitress on Monday night and will not be back.

I first visited here on Mother's Day 2013 and although the food was great the service was terrible. A particular waitress with dirty fair hair actually tutted at my brother when he asked for a coffee and spilt it when she threw it on the table. We forgave her attitude this time as thought she was stressed to the restaurant being full so returned again in May 2013!

Same waitress, same attitude yet this time my partner told her what for with the rolling of the eyes and tutting when you dare ask for something. We will never be back! Friends of ours have experienced the same problem.

I urge the owners of this restaurant to seriously consider her employment. You feel like your being a burden on this girl and you should not ask for anything! She is aggressive, rude and just shows no interest in her job whatsoever!

7  Thank Harry0506
Tracy W, Owner at Stonebridge Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

I am very sorry to hear of your experiences with one of my waitress's in our restaurant. I would be very grateful if you could give me a call directly so I can get more details in order for me to deal with this matter. I do appreciate your feedback and am determined to get to the bottom of this.

Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

We called in at around 5pm Saturday and chose from the early bird menu £12.95 for 2 courses. Really enjoyed our meal, Service was great ! We have a 2 year old and the staff were very friendly - children's menu is great with ice cream included for £5. All in all food tasted & looked great and was good value - we had steak and paid £2.50 supplement and it was delicious! We will be back.