“The best steaks in the town” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of J.D. Tipler

J.D. Tipler
Ranked #7 of 37 Restaurants in Portadown
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Established since December 1997. We offer a traditional themed bar, restaurant, takeaway and off-licence.
Belfast, United Kingdom
“The best steaks in the town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

If you like a friendly pub and a good piece of meat, this is the place to go.
The staff are friendly and the atmosphere is rustic, calm and relaxed.
The food is lovely but the steaks are some of the best around.If you like a well cooked
steak that is succulent and flavoursome, this is the place to visit.

Visited March 2014
9 Thank jill j

Portadown
“Tiplers review”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

my wife , stepson and myself visit Tiplers on a regular basis. We have always had great service and the food is of a very high standard, the staff are very pleasant and nothing is to much trouble for them . Very highly recommended.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank trevor5967
Northern Ireland
“Overall average but could be so much better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

This is my 3rd review on tiplers and it was pleasant to see some charges on the menu unfortunately we where served by the same moody waitress as previous who was not that interested anyhow drinks and food ordered

Firstly the food was exactly as expected actually not that bad in fact very nice we all enjoyed our meals clearing our plates,,, so why have I marked average.

1 the place is cold
2 the toilets are a disgrace
3 the entire place is filthy, I know that it has lots of old stuff for effect but it's gone beyond a joke
4 and most importantly I am not happy being charged 50p for a small drop of mayonnaise this is just a disgrace charging for a sauce very short sighted and in my view tight , this is a small point but really annoying to think you had the brass neck to charge for Mayo ?? Do you charge for ketchup ??

Tip to people going to tiplers for food,, it's ok just don't use the gents or ask for Mayo,, good luck we might not be back

Visited January 2014
5 Thank Fredholl
“Pleasently Surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

I can't understand where all of the bad reviews have come from!!
I dined here less than a week ago and I have to say the food was delicious and the staff attentive...
The homemade chicken goujons where to die for... I don't know about anyone else but I'm a goujon snob and those are about as good as they get!!!
I also tasted my husbands Steak and it was beautiful too!!!
No room left for dessert so we decided we would wait until we return, as we most definately will be!!
Going by the reviews!!!! 'DONT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER'

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
12 Thank Traveler4054
Armagh, United Kingdom
“Food was lovely...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

Dined tonight at Tiplers. There was 7 of us & to be honest the food was lovely. Most of us ordered steaks & even though we didn't order a starter, the main course arrived fairly quickly.
Desserts were a fairly decent size a great way to finish the meal.
Although service was fairly average I would recommend it for food. After feeling skeptical about going after reading previous comments I am glad I went.

9 Thank emma13092007