“Good Food with Good Service”

The Head o The Road
Ranked #4 of 37 Restaurants in Portadown
Price range: US$12 - US$23
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Groups, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A quaint 18th Century Country pub nestled in the town land of Tartaraghan. Be it a birthday party, christening or just dinner for two we can accommodate! Wholesome tasty dishes created using fresh local produce. We look forward to seeing you.....:)
N. Ireland
“Good Food with Good Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Went here with family & we all had a good meal, I think the men in our company enjoyed it the most as there was a quite a lot of food on the plate for me.
Certainly most plates were sent back empty.
The desserts were beautiful & there was quite a choice so no complaints there.
Good service from pleasant staff.
The place was very busy so obviously very popular & a lot seemed local so that says a lot
A good place to call especially if you are very hungry & as our table had a very mixed choice of mains, I can say they all looked good.
Friendly place.

• Visited April 2014

County Tyrone
“Great Food in Traditional Surroundings!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Like a previous reviewer, I also had the Sweet Chilli beef with the addition of chips on the side, and totally agree, it was delicious! Husband had the Sirloin with the trimmings and was equally impressed! Had the raspberry creme brulee for afters also half of partner's raspberry cheesecake - both were excellent. All very well presented! Staff very friendly and attentive when needed, not continually asking if everything's OK! Would 100% recommend but book beforehand to ensure a table!

• Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Great food and atmosphere, exceeded expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

Originally we had only intended to come here for one night but the food quality and value meant we came here four nights in a row! I particularly liked the sweet chilli beef and rice (I did have chips on the side as they were so nicely done), my wife’s fave was the locally sourced sirloin steak.
I don’t know what potatoes they use but the chips were fantastic, nice crispness on the outside and lovely fluffy texture inside with not a hint of greasiness. The waitress thought the chef triple cooked them just like the Michelin starred boys do and having had chips in those places I reckon these were just as enjoyable.
The staff were very friendly and they poured a good pint of Guinness. We would definitely return if back in the area.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank M S
Portadown
“Excellent meal in very friendly environment.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Excellent steak & value for money - good atmosphere, friendly & efficient service. Very good overall experience.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank gillyPortadown
Palermo, Sicilia
“Tasteful experience in Portadown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

My boyfriend and I were looking for a nice place to have dinner not too far from our Bed and Breakfast in Portadown.
Our host suggested us this pub and we decided to give it a try. We did not regret it!
First of all they arranged us a table even if the kitchen was about to close and they did with a smile in their face.
Every one was really friendly and the food was delicious.
I had some pork scallops with mashed potato and some creamy sauce and my boyfriend had the cheeseburger with garlic potatoes. Absolutely perfect! We had a glance at the dessert too but unfortunately we were too stuffed and we couldn't try them, but they looked delicious!
I strongly suggest this pub to anyone passing by Portadown!

Visited March 2014