“Nice place to have a drink” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Throckmorton

The Throckmorton
Reserve with OpenTable
The Throckmorton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 40 Restaurants in Alcester
Price range: US$7 - US$27
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, View, Bar Scene, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We serve our fresh, locally sourced, homemade breakfast, lunches and dinner every day from 9am to 9pm Our menus offer exceptional value for money featuring several fixed price offers such as 'Fish Fridays' - 2 coucrses and a glass of wine at £15 or all our Pub Classics at under £10. We also serve restaurant quality specials and a fab Sunday Roast.
“Nice place to have a drink”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Visited here to see if things have improved from a previous visit and basically no, if you want to go to a nice place nice ambiance in pleasant surroundings to have a few drinks this is a nice place, to eat I would suggest somewhere else, The food is nice but portions are small, overpriced and if you have a couple of sides to go with your main meal it adds 5.00 to an average meal of around 11.00, sirloin around 17.50 without any sides. One of the first things that put you off is the menu or should I say the piece of paper you are handed detailing what's available. For the price I would expect something a little better if you don't like cheesecake or chocolate for dessert forget it. Its a shame really because the place is a very nice place ideally located with a great view over the landscape. I would call again for a drink before going elsewhere to eat

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Guisborough, United Kingdom
“Comfortable ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Cheap, nice food, polite staff, comfy beds, wifi.. What more do you want? I'll be back if I'm working in the area again..

Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“Friendly and welcoming”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

I've eaten here a couple of times, and have found the staff very welcoming and friendly. Service is pretty good and the food is traditional 'English'. The bar area, where you can also eat, is really comfortable with a fabulous blazing fire in winter and plenty of sofas and armchairs.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“Distinctly Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

A group of us went on a Sunday lunchtime and when we arrived there were very few customers. Bar service was very poor - there was no one serving when I got to the bar. Eventually someone came to serve with no apology for being kept waiting and if they could have walked any slower, I'm sure they would have done.
I only ordered a sandwich which was OK for the price but nothing special.

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Louise D
Evesham, United Kingdom
“Nice setting although food and service was average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

I have eaten here three times in March as it is conveniently located to work. Compared to my previous experiences here I have to say I was disappointed. The food was okay yet nothing special. For me personally it's all about the service, and whilst some staff try, I did not feel there was enough consistently high quality, friendly customer service on show. Whilst I am likely to return in the hope of an improvement, it is no longer on my "first choice" list locally.

Visited March 2014