Arrow Mill
Kings Court Hotel(Alcester)(Great Value!)
US$93
  • Pool
US$86
US$75
Priceline
The Southcrest Manor Hotel(Redditch)(Great Value!)
US$64
Bridge House(Henley-in-Arden)
US$129
US$117
Travelodge Stratford Upon Avon(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$62
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
Travelodge
The White Swan Hotel(Henley-in-Arden)
All reviewsno tea coffee making facilitieshomemade breadoverlooking the pondgreat companybeautiful countrysidefree internetexcellent foodsunday lunchagnesarrowschickenswatermillmenumealfunctioncharacterbarman
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I stayed for just one night and found I was only one of two guests staying in the whole hotel. As such i was treated like royalty. I found the food excellent and was given a spaceous room overlooking the mill. If i had one slight gripe it was the pumping noise that came on periodically at night-wasn't sure if this had something to do with the mill?

Would love to stay here again

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Stayed because of a local family wedding. Its an amazing place. Don't agree with their policy not to give you tea making facilities in your room but you are treated so well and they are so kind and helpful you really cannot fault this. Be warned that when a function is on the bedrooms can be noisy but hey if you like fishing make sure you plan in advance to have time n the river
Spectacular place wonderful staff

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank AlisonJ225
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We had one night here and on arrival thought we had struck lucky. What a fabulous location, by the river in the country with hens running freely. A truly beautiful setting. The staff were busily preparing for a wedding reception however we checked in and were told we were on the top floor. There was no lift in such an old establishment. When we eventually got to our room, we felt as if we were in an annexe. The room was dark and not very well decorated in a horrible caramel colour. The fact that there was only one small window did not help,and there was an odd, stale smell inthe room. The bathroom however was great, except the plumber obviously didn't know his right from his left and the hot/cold colours were actually in reverse which was frustrating until we worked it out! We went down for some lunch but they could only offer sandwiches, which were very good and obviously home made bread, but at £6 each they needed to be. Breakfast the next morning was really very good with e erything cooked to order andagain, homemade bread. When I paid the bill I mentioned that we felt we were in the annexe and the lady said that because they were hosting a wedding reception that we weren't attending, we were put as far away from the music as they could. Which I thought was very considerate. The staff were amazingly friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Suse13
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We've dined at the Arrow Mill before, and found the experience enchanting. The grounds are lovely, and there are hens running on the vast lawn leading down to a creek.

This time we stayed a night, and experienced the opposite.

I'll grant that this was a room available during a major local event, and that the rates were hiked up for this reason. Still, £200 for a room with standard fittings and a small window so high we had to get on tip-toe to get a glance of the adjoining mechanical equipment seemed a bit steep. Add to it that we had been required to pay in full prior to arrival, and we felt badly done by.

I was surprised to find, especially at this price, that cheap toiletries were offered, including a supermarket-bought pump hand soap on the sink. There was no kettle or iron in the room. In the current British heat wave, air conditioning would have been nice, or at least a window opening on something other than a noisy air extract from the kitchen just below. Sadly, this was not the case.

The dinner was again pleasant. Our party had both meat and fish, and everything was well prepared and presented. The waiter however seemed in a hurry, forgetting the order, bringing the wrong food and generally not seeming to care.

Breakfast was another matter. There were a few items available from the kitchen, but I still cannot imagine a British hotel restaurant that offers smoked fish coming up short on a day when the hotel is full and there is a major event next door. The general selection was poor, and there was no fresh fruit on offer. I've never failed to find breakfast fruit in even the most economical accommodation.

Before leaving, I spoke with the owner about the situation. My final surprise was his indifference to our comments. I told that in his opinion he could have received more for the room. Not from me, he won't.

Room Tip: Do not accept room 17, above the kitchen fans.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Very impressive looking hotel in beautiful location. Our room was a loft room (21) which had a beam above the head of our bed - careful you do not hit your head - I did 3 times and I am only 5 ft 4. Standard room, no view, good shower, no kettle, iron or hairdryer. The weather was exceptionally hot and as such our room was unbearably hot - no air conditioning (although, to be honest air con would have looked out of place) Woke each morning to the cawing of hens and cocks which was lovely. Breakfast superb waitress friendly.We ate in the Hotel each evening - The waiter who served us both evenings was rude and I felt he had a bad attitude. We were a group of 5. (3 male and 2 female). The waiter thought we were a group of 6 and having confirmed we were only five led us to the table set for 6. Not the end of the world I know, just possibly uncomfortable for the male in our group and awkward (in my opinion). I was told chips etc accompanied my steak so I attempted to look at the menu again to see if there was something listed with another dish that might be a better alternative- however, when I reached for the menu the waiter barked "there is no point in looking at the menu there was nothing on it " ?? (that attitude again) I chose to remain silent and take what I was given.My sirloin steak was superb. One of our group ordered medallion fillet of steak. this came in the shape of a sirloin steak and we are still wondering if it was fillet. Setting beautiful - Food good - Service , sorry Raj you seriously let the side down.

Room Tip: Avoid No 21, 22 and shower in 24 very poor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends